Skip to main content
Topic: The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!! (Read 37383 times) previous topic - next topic

The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!!

Reply #120
Originally posted by boss351:
I was told i could swap the ring over

You can, but since it's pressed on you have to knock all of the studs out of the rotor and carefully tap around on each stud until the ring comes off. I used a PVC 2"-3" adapter with a cap to drive the ring on the new rotor. Make sure the ring is on the new rotor the same amount it was on the old rotor. If it's too far out of range the sensor won't be able to pick it up.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #121
Quote from: 5.0 bird;184626
You can, but since it's pressed on you have to knock all of the studs out of the rotor and carefully tap around on each stud until the ring comes off. I used a PVC 2"-3" adapter with a cap to drive the ring on the new rotor. Make sure the ring is on the new rotor the same amount it was on the old rotor. If it's too far out of range the sensor won't be able to pick it up.

THANKS!!!!
I'm thinking about taking it to a machine shop so I don't risk messing it up, because I tend to get impatient and i don't want that messed up. I'm gonna try with the rotor on the other side and if i get it off no problem then I'm good.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #122
Swaped the ring today
new rotor on pass side
new pads in
caliper painted
new strut in
new bearings and seal
Before

after

Now drivers side tomorrow, and new rack in.
only problem is i think the rotors kick the wheels out more... I dont think it will be a issue.
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #123
Front brakes are DONE
power steering is DONE
H pipe is half in
Well I can walk outside put the keys in and start it!!
Just doesnt stop well. Next step is BRAKES!!
The gutted cat h pipe sounds INSANE on the thing. Man do my neighbors HATE IT! I let it run for 10 mins to heat up, and test stuff Ive never tested. And I had one compliment me on it, and another yell cause I chucked a few revs. Needs lers and tails!
Re kinddled my love for it by backing it up and lighting the tires up, catches posi too, so the rear end is good! Long 4 day weekend so I intend to be able to drive it soon!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #124
What els does  it need before it meets the road?
Take a pic of it. I've never seen it before
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #125
fuel lines fixed/replaced?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #126
Fuel lines are friday. I have to get the car back up in the air for the brake line leaks and I'm gonna pull the lines then too.
Whats left:
Fuel lines
2 brake lines
rear brake rotors and pads
passenger side H pipe section
Flow tubes
lers
tail pipes
Other little things. The list is shrinking fast!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #127
Sweet, making good progress there! I wish I could reinstall cats into my H-pipe - ed droning is killing me!
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #128
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #129
Doin good there bubba,Is that the mac H your hookin up?
Still got the lers from it,You pay the shippin there yours.
Lookin good Mason, your gettin there.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #130
Figure out shipping, re send me your address, and its a deal!
It fits GREAT, a little leak at the header but its not positioned right so thats why. I only ave the drivers side on at the moment, man o MAN is it scream!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #131
nice car. thats an 88?. i was looking at an 87 a couple years back to replace my cougar but could you believe, it had more rust than mine.
they ride really smooth.i always keep an eye out for them.

Its hard to find a car with chrome bumpers on it . 1 day i'll find the one i want.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #132
Yea that pic makes it look way better then it is. I payed 540 for the car, and its worth that, maybe less, but it should be a nice first car.

Finished up the h pipe install today. Ended up snapping the o2 sensor off to do it, so I need new o2 sensors tomorrow!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #133
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #134
wtf was that? sounded like listening to a tractor run over a cordless phone with bad reception.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast