Skip to main content
Topic: The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!! (Read 38317 times) previous topic - next topic

The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!!

Reply #105
Quote from: daboss351;179836
Add t bird mirrors to a mark 7!

Now, that would look cool. I never liked the bulky, ostentatious chrome mirrors on the Mark VIIs; especially on the LSCs or LSC SEs. If you could go the monochromatic route (like the SEs) and make the mirrors body color, it would be mondo smooth.

Let us know how that works out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #106
Well i looked into it. Mark mirrors are heated so the harness is different, BUT the wires have the same colors. So I figure if i cut and splice them together, remove the other pins for the heated part they should work. Then I want to black out the trim. I want subtle but different mods on mine, thats why i grabbed the mirrors. Once vin finds me some good dew wipes I'm gonna try it. I'll get some pics. I hope it looks as good as I think it will.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #107
Ok, High preasure power steering hose is in the mail! Brakes are gonna be 140 shipped, which is fine by me. Flow tubes custom made at 24 inches for the mark is gonna be 60 bucks. Everything is coming together, I'm getting so excited I want parts so I can finish this pig!

Question. Would it be stupid to reuse mt old tie rod ends? They are replacements with grease fittings, and they seem pretty good. I'm just gonna clean the old grease out and put all new fresh in there, unless you guys think while I have everything apart I should just replace them?
Hope to have the rack in early next week, fuel lines in around then as well. Then comes a new brake line, and the new rear rotors, front rotors and front pads. Then my new h pipe!
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #108
Are you using a new power steering hose?They don't cost much at all.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #109
no......
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #110
Brand new front drilled rotors, front pads, and used rear drilled rotors showed up today!! Going to get the other little things I need, and stuffing them in tomorrow!! I'm getting excited now, the end is coming!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #111
"The end is coming"?That doesn't sound good.LOL.I may be buying a '90 Mark VII.Mint condition except the brakes SUCK.Sunroof,leather,LSC edition,aluminum wheels,white with the black rockers.I'm waiting to hear from the owner for a price.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #112
its charcoal rockers, and the 90 has the BBS wheels. Good choice, you won't be disappointed! Throw your exploder intake on, a exhaust, turbo coupe sway bar, and some good shocks and you will be in love!
And i mean the end of all the waiting !
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #113

Not bad for 140

drilled rotors excite me!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #114
Youre prolly gonna lose your ABS with those.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #115
one rotor has the abs ring, the other doesnt. I was told i could swap the ring over so, Ill have to see.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #116
Good luck with your car.As far as the one I'm wanting.I actually won't do anything to it to mod it.It'll just be a daily driver while I work on the Bird.

Reply #117
Got the new rear shocks in today.
Ordering new rear pads, front inner and outer wheel bearings, and seals, getting a brake line, fluid, and bleeders.
Once its movable, my friend might flatbed it to his shop and let me use his lift and tools to bang out the exhaust, and other things. It should be coming together really soon!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #118
Going for the high pressure hose and wheel bearings in a hour and a half, tomorrow is big time work day. Got all new brake rotors, and pads, new wheel bearings, shocks, power steering hose, power steering rack, and tie rod ends, and the new brake line. Should be able to move the car again after this weekend! then comes fuel lines in, and flat bedding to to my friends house to use his air compressor and lift to put in my new exhaust!!
I'm thinking 2 weeks till its on the road, depending when i get my tail lights and flow tubes
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #119
Nice work.
Keep at it, dude.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]