Skip to main content
Topic: The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!! (Read 38318 times) previous topic - next topic

The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!!

Reply #150
All of the drivetrain will work.The exhaust as well if you shorten it betwen the H-pipe and the lers.As far as body parts,no dice.If the Mark is what you like (it really is a cool car),then stick with it.Like rthe Birds and Cats,quality parts are getting harder to find,but,they are out ther.Patience and searching really pay off sometimes.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #151
yea, I like the birds, but the mark's are so different, and everyone thinks its a grandma car till i start it up. Its not for sure that im gonna buy this one, i wanna look at it talk price and see what he says.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #152
If it's a nice enough car,and the price is right,grab it.I had a Mark VII and kept the drivetrain (which I'm using now) and sold parts and got over $1500.00 for the individual parts.It was fully loaded,sunroof and all.I pulled and cleaned everything (to improve visual appeal) and put it all on Ebay.Some parts i lost due to a bad business partner who left me high and dry and oweing people.I got that cleared up.Anyway,my point is,a lot of those parts have a value if they are in good shape and not tampered with.people with the Mark VII's seem to like to do their own stuff.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #153
my thing with the car i have is i want to go 5 speed, new gears, and other stuff, but I dont trust the car, the brake lines are bad, its just rusted. I want something nice to build
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #154
5 speed?Did you say 5 speed?I'm starting to gather parts for that upgrade myself.

Reply #155
Yep already got a t-5. After i get settled on a decent car, gonna start it. 5 speed swap knocks almost a second off the quater on the mark. then goes 3.73's
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #156
I hope to have it all done by the end of summer.That includes paint,detailing,new heads and cam (in the next couple of weeks),electric fan,new a/c everything,and the little bits and pieces.O.K.,great,now I've got myself all excited.

Reply #157
I just caught up on the post, are you getting a new mark? or shall I say nicer.
Hope things work out for you on the wheel and deal.

Vinnie, we need to see pics during your painting and little bits and pieces.
and you only have 7 months left.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #158
Right now as we speak,I'm "restoring" a taillight for the Bird.It's looking close to new again.Restoring a light for an '87/'88 sucks.Well worth the effort though.I'm getting ready to post a couple of pics.

Reply #159
Well decided I was not gonna be able to afford another car, so efforts are starting back up on this one.
Im stock piling parts then gonna make a push to get it done. So far i have new dew wipes, tbird mirrors, new window motor, door lock actuator, lers and tail pipes, fuel lines, brake line, all four calipers are in the mail(wicked good deal on some used units), and might after i sell my motorcycle be going on a road trip to new york for new fenders, trunk lid, and drivers door, possibly cutting patch panels too.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #160
Glad to see your not giving up. It'll take a little bit longer, but it'll cost less and not all at once.
Can't wait for the next batch of pics. Good luck on the repairs and parts hunt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #161
well I am hoping to have it towed to my grandparents soon, heated garage to work out of!!
Got rear calipers and hoses used 75 shipped
front calipers with only 500 miles on them, AND ceramic pads with only 500 miles on them 25 bucks SHIPPED. Nice to have people that are willing to help a younger kid get going, door lock actuator was donated to me by a member here, and the power steering rack in my car was donated to me as well
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #162
Glad to hear you got some good deals.
If you lived a lot, lot ,lot, lot closer I'd give you a hand putting it together.
If you need panel patching help, I know some stuff and some people that can give you advice on what your doing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #163
Good luck.Too bad you're not closer.I found that Mark at the new yard I discovered (new to me anyway).The entire car is prety much complete except for the engine,tranny,and computer.

Reply #164
Nice to see your mark 7 is getting some upgraded parts on it and turning out to be a real nice car. The only thing i don't like about your car is you did not have to do a H.O. Swap and it  me off the T-Birds and Cougars owners have to.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily: