Skip to main content
Topic: HO conversion COMPLETE (tons'a pics pg 7,9) (Read 11760 times) previous topic - next topic

HO conversion COMPLETE (tons'a pics pg 7,9)

Reply #60
Great work so far.Keep us posted.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #61
Thanks!

Well it's about 9am and we're about to embark on another day's work.  I'll keep you guys posted (probably during lunch and dinner breaks).

Reply #62
Quote from: Ifixyawata;132166
Ewww, Fram oil filter!  I'd trust a SuperTech over a Fram, but that's only based on what I've heard from others.

:laughing: :laughing: [SIZE="6"]AMEN![/SIZE]  :yuck: :yuck:

Quote from: kingcars;132174
We've used Fram filters in our cars without problems here.  :)

in all the years i sold auto parts.. since i was 12 years old.. i allways refused to sell farm oil filters unless that was all that was on the shelf. that would get you FIRED! if we sold other brands i sold them instead!

if i went to a parts store and was in a jam and they did'nt stock motorcraft oil filters and my only choices where lets say

one of the six most popular oil filters..

on one side.. being one of three they may carry.. FARM, PENZOIL or HASTINGS..

OR

on the other side being one of three they may carry.. AC DELCO,PUROLATOR or STP..

i'd pick one of second choices.. EVEN a AC DELCO  for a FORD!!

the oil filters to stay away from are "FRAM,PENZOIL and HASTINGS!!"

check out this link they give a good description on most oil filters..

http://www.sadik.net/nissan/howto/oil_filter_study.html

any other questions please ask..

Nick
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #63
Ok thanks for the info.

We have the cam and everything out now, so we can finally start on the cleaning and assembly phase.  We're about to run out and get my timing chain and a few odds and ends.  Thats about it for now, I still hope to have her done tonight.

Reply #64
well dont be too hasty!!! took me almost a month before it was all back together! i know how you feel though, im sure youre really excited.

just noticed something. you bled the a/c system and pulled off the compressor!? i guess as long as you can get it back together why not, but isnt it just a big hassle? you could have just tied it off to the side. though honestly i will say if i could have had it right out of there it would have been a little more convenient, not gonna lie.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #65
Yeah, when we got to the compressor, it turned out to just be easier to bleed it and take it off.  Which also helped later when we had to take the condensor out.

As for today, we made a BOATLOAD of progress.  Almost everything is cleaned and we have the lower intake, fuel rails, and injectors all installed.  Tomorrow should be a breeze, barring any huge difficulties.  I'll be uploading a bunch of pics tonight.

Reply #66
nice can't wait to see
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #67
Alrighty guys, here are the pics I promised!  Beware, there are a whole bunch of em!

Nice painted E7 head

Eeewww, grungy engine!

Ohhh clean engine...and with a set of E7s installed!

Like the grungy intake?

Well we didnt

Me torqing the heads

I looooooooove the chrome fuel rails

My uncle is up to something...

Here is our current progress

Reply #68
C'Mon,C'Mon,start it already !!! This is great.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #69
Hahaha tell me about it...we're so close.  Hopefully the next time I post here, it will be about how well she performs :D .

Reply #70
Why are you doing here here talking? Get out to the car and start twisting some wrenches !!!! I'm going as soon as the sun comes out.

Reply #71
nice work man..

I wish my garage was that orderly.. i have a nova blown to bits all over my garage.

Reply #72
whats up with the stock exhaust manifolds man?  gotta let her breathe.

Reply #73
I'll be looking to see what you say tonight. Good luck.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #74
It's been hours.....let's have an update.