Skip to main content
Topic: HO conversion COMPLETE (tons'a pics pg 7,9) (Read 11757 times) previous topic - next topic

HO conversion COMPLETE (tons'a pics pg 7,9)

Reply #90
good job!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #91
But we're both pretty sure its just a backwards thermostat.

That would do it, alright.
Always remember: spring side towards engine. ;)

Reply #92
It actually wasn't a backwards thermostat, it was just the wrong one.  My dad has some pics that he might post up of that here soon (if you noticed the newest member MrBill88Tbird, thats him). 

But now the car runs amazing.  It just hauls ass.  Unlike the SO that would die out at 4 grand, the HO can be rollin at 5 grand and still be askin for more.  It's a whole different car; she just takes off like there's no tomorrow.  I absolutely love it.  And just to think there's more juice left in it with some headers/exhaust and better gears.  Man, I'm just ecstatic, but tired also.  Doesnt matter though, it's worth it.

***PIC TIME***

Some 'before' pictures

Ugh...dirt

Ugh...more dirt

Some 'after' or 'WIP' pictures

Ooooo, pretty

Two brothers doing what they've been doing for 30 years

Hyped up on caffeine and ready to start her up!

She ruuuuunnnsss!!!

More pics coming soon.

Reply #93
Woo-Hoo !!! Happy dance !!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #94
The happy dance for me was when I first got on the gas and got pushed back in my seat :D .  A great way to go home from school.

***MORE PIC TIME***

Ooohhhh yeeaaah

Whatta quiet little grocery getter....

:bowdown:

Reply #95
Sweet:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #96
O.K.,now you need new wheels (get some meat under that car !!!),and to do the 3G alternator upgrade.Headers would be good also.Also,did you remove the air silencer from the inner fender?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #97
Is it just me or does the car look like it's smiling now?
Really looks sweet. Great job!

Oh and if you did happen to want wheels, I've got a set of 15x7 10 holes with t-bird center caps that I really don't need. (They're on my '86 right now but just to keep it from being on blocks lol)
 And I'm heading to Charlotte in May so if you're interested let me know.

Reply #98
Quote from: vinnietbird;132683
Also,did you remove the air silencer from the inner fender?

Yes we did.

@5.0 - Can you take some pics of those wheels?

Reply #99
 dude!  Your progress puts me to shame.  I've sat around and moped over one stubborn bolt on my suspension for almost 2 days now.  It's inspiring to see someone kick ass on a car like that.  As others have said, I'm hoping your next move is some serious exhaust for the car.  It should really wake it up.

Congrats and enjoy the feel of 200 horses under your right foot.

Reply #100

Well I also had 2 super experienced car guys helping me as well (or maybe I was just helping them...), and we put in 3 days straight of 10-12 hours.  We're all drained, and dad even took today off of work to fix the thermostat and rest.  I was only half concious at school today too.

Also, on the way home, we stopped by some shops to get estimates on exhaust systems.  I have some saving to do.

Reply #101
Yes he does!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flame:

Mr. Bill

Reply #102
Oh lord....my dad has arrived...

Reply #103
lol...puttin a quiet exhaust on that car is just like tellin Jenna Jameson she can't take her clothes off in front of a camera! :hick:

let'er rip tater chip! :D
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #104
exhaust SYSTEMS? do like i did--cheap ass Summit off road h pipe, 8 year old flowmasters with dumps welded on from some random mustang guy you met on corral :hick:

yeah i CHEAPED out wherever i could lol. im gonna get some tailpipes though, sometime.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane