Skip to main content
Topic: HO conversion COMPLETE (tons'a pics pg 7,9) (Read 11761 times) previous topic - next topic

HO conversion COMPLETE (tons'a pics pg 7,9)

Reply #45
if you wanted a t/c rear badly i could sell one cheap. Its just in west virgina, in the middle of no where.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #46
Take it nice and easy and it should be a breeze.Good luck to you.You'll love it when it's finished.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #47
O when you take everything apart keep track or all bolts and screws are for what, because youll get quite confused afterwards wondering which blots are for which holes
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #48
take lots of pictures. it keeps your mind on track for a reference point.

Gettin it bored out too? or not going that far down?

Reply #49
Quote from: daboss351;131974
O when you take everything apart keep track or all bolts and screws are for what, because youll get quite confused afterwards wondering which blots are for which holes

Most definitely; every time we take the Chevelle apart, we put bolts in seperate containers and label them.  Saves a ton of hassle!

Only 12 hours away from D-day!! :evilgrin:

Reply #50
hpipe is what Ford reissued for recall on Fox Mustangs due to bad cats. Never been installed, also have stock Mustang headers, those are used but in good shape.

Reply #51
Quote from: ZondaC12;131126
dont get any that say "double roller". the HO engine has a double roller, which is basically two chains right next to each other. the timing gear is essentially two sprockets fused together with a gap in the middle. ours are a "link belt" type. i ran into this trying to get a chain for mine. i just had to get the right part # at advance auto, the first one listed on the site was the roller type.

We just got the timing chain cover off and my chain is a double roller.  I'll post a pic later, but it's a double roller.  Time to go get the right one.  Weird stuff.

As for our current progress, everything is off except for the heads and timing chain.  I have to go in for a haircut appointment in a few minutes here, but dad is going to continue working.  We plan to have everything apart tonight, and I plan to clean some stuff up after I get back home.  Tomorrow morning we'll finish cleaning and begin assembly, and my uncle will be coming by to help.  If all goes well, she'll be running tomorrow.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Pics are coming tonight.

Reply #52
Fingers crossed.Good luck.I hope it's running tight and strong tomorrow.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #53
yup same here bro!!! i wonder why youve got a double roller chain! maybe 88 they changed over?
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #54
Thanks guys.

Yeah, I dont know what the deal is with the double roller, but this engine has NEVER been taken apart aside from when dad and I did the valve cover gaskets a couple years ago, so it's all original.  She was due for some new gaskets though; had a small oil leak at the back of the intake.

Ok, time to eat some dinner and get back out there; still some work to do.

Reply #55
glad to hear its going good, keep up the good work, take lots of pics for us!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #56
Alright, we're callin it a night. Wev'e been workin since 1pm and now its time to rest up for tomorrow.  We didn't quite get to where we wanted to be, but we're close.  We'll also have a 3rd person tomorrow to help us, which will speed things up a ton.  There is A LOT of cleaning to be done tomorrow.  Without further ado, here are the pics I promised:

Please dont pay attention to my rather...gay...looking hand posture there....

The engine about halfway through today

How she sits right now

EDIT:  Almost forgot...there's gonna be a nice little surprise touch done at the end of the project.  I wont tell what it is though :) .

Reply #57
looks like youve been kicking ass good work man
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #58
Ewww, Fram oil filter!  I'd trust a SuperTech over a Fram, but that's only based on what I've heard from others.

I'm glad to see someone posting pictures of their work.  I think I'll start a project log for my car once I get going on it again.

Reply #59
We've used Fram filters in our cars without problems here.  :)