Skip to main content
Topic: HO conversion COMPLETE (tons'a pics pg 7,9) (Read 11762 times) previous topic - next topic

HO conversion COMPLETE (tons'a pics pg 7,9)

Reply #15
About the exhaust, I would use the manifolds until you get your H-pipe.  I really don't feel you will see much difference using your y pipe with headers because your y pipe is more restictive than the manifolds.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR PROJECT!:D
Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10

Reply #16
Just ordered the gaskets and timing chain; should be here Wed/Thurs next week.  Thanks for the help.

Reply #17
Ok, got another question for yas - When we take the cam out, will we need to take out the grill and/or AC condenser too?

Reply #18
OH YUP. fortunately the a/c conenser is attached to its supply/return lines by the same type of connector on your fuel rails. they do rotate, and there are flexible rubber hoses as part of the lines. so you can, standing in front of the car, swing the condenser up 90* to the left, right out of your way.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #19
So we can move the AC condensor, thats good.  Will the grill have to come out?  Thanks for the info :) .

Reply #20
pull it anyways for extar clearance.  it's just 3 phillips screws.

Reply #21
Ah ok, should be nice and easy then, thanks!

As for an update, dad and I started doing some prep work last night.  Cleaned and painted the upper intake, cleaned the rockers, cleaned the throttle body, even painted the intake plate.  I should have some pics up later tonight for you all.  The bulk of the prep work this week will be with the heads; everything else is pretty much ready.

Reply #22
i dunno why you'd have to remove the grill....  i'd think you'd have to remove the entire header-panel to free up space, the lil ol grill hole doesnt seem to do much.  but then, what about the rad support?

good luck!!

Reply #23
you just gotta pull off the grille so you have room to pull the cam out. thats ALL you have to remove from the front end. with the fan shroud and fan and radiator out of the engine bay youve got ALOT of room to work.

especially once all of the accessories--a/c, p/s alternator are out of the way that good ol "big" 302 looks lonely in the cavernous engine bay!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #24
Ah ok, I see.  Thanks!

btw, the intake plate is gonna look really cool when we're done with it :D .

Reply #25
haha i love how this is an actual countdown thread WITH updated title each day! nice.

Reply #26
Hahaha yeah.  It makes me feel better to see that number getting smaller.  :D

Reply #27
WOOOOO, PIC TIME!!!

Reply #28
nice work man looks great
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #29
Oooo shiney :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.