Skip to main content
Topic: Global warming? (Read 5970 times) previous topic - next topic

Global warming?

I think not! Anybody got something that pollutes even worse then my ranchero that I can go wander around in for a while? It's too freaking cold and I have way to much to get done for this weather... :flame:

Global warming?

Reply #1
I'm glad I moved to Texas.

Global warming?

Reply #2
I can fire up the BBQ grill and both my lawn mowers for a while. Those things will contribute to global warming more than all 3 of my vehicles combined.

Maybe we should begin a campaign to get ranchers to start feeding thier cattle baked beans... that should help warm things up a bit:eek:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

Global warming?

Reply #3
yeah at least here anyway i know the current weather is payment for the spring like temps we had about a month ago.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Global warming?

Reply #4
Speaking of BBQing, I had to bring my propane tank into the shop to heat it up, before the BBQ would even light last night.

Ironically, its so cold that I have to leave my car running, thus contributing to pollution and global warming.  So if it heats up, I will actually cut down on greenhouse gas emissions.

Global warming?

Reply #5
Quote from: merccougar50;127561
Speaking of BBQing, I had to bring my propane tank into the shop to heat it up, before the BBQ would even light last night.

Ironically, its so cold that I have to leave my car running, thus contributing to pollution and global warming.  So if it heats up, I will actually cut down on greenhouse gas emissions.

Good point... actually though, I don't believe in global warming as it's presented, just felt like being a wise ass today since it's so freaking cold and we're all gonna die thanks to global warming :flip:

Global warming?

Reply #6
cold?:rollin: :rollin:  what are you talking about:dunno: :D  it is'nt cold outside..

here take a look..

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/33436?lswe=33436&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared&from=whatwhere

:edit: come to think of it tonight if it gets below 60 degrees i might have to put pants on instead of shorts..

now who's the wize a$$:raspberry
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Global warming?

Reply #7
I also do not believe in global warming, mainly because there is no
legitimate science to back it up.
The world may be warming but it ain't because of emissions from us.
:birdsmily:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Global warming?

Reply #8
emissions is #9 out of 10.

Sun is #1 and water is number2 on the list of reasons why.

Global warming?

Reply #9
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;127581
emissions is #9 out of 10.

Sun is #1 and water is number2 on the list of reasons why.

The sun isn't the cause of global warming.  It's how much sun is getting through the ozone layer that is.  Duh.

Global warming?

Reply #10
Yay, -21 degrees, -38 wind chill. i so love this weather. I still wear shorts to school!
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Global warming?

Reply #11
im tired of hearing about global warming... melting the ice caps and such.  you know what was caused by the last time the earth went through global warming?  ICE AGE.

btw, global warming isnt how much the sun is getting THROUGH, its how much the atmosphere isnt letting the reflected heat from the sun BACK OUT.

Global warming?

Reply #12
Quote from: Autocat;127641
im tired of hearing about global warming... melting the ice caps and such.  you know what was caused by the last time the earth went through global warming?  ICE AGE.

btw, global warming isnt how much the sun is getting THROUGH, its how much the atmosphere isnt letting the reflected heat from the sun BACK OUT.

My thoughts exactly :D Somebody I never even mentioned this to thinks the same way... WOOHOO!!!

Global warming?

Reply #13
Quote from: Ifixyawata;127608
The sun isn't the cause of global warming.  It's how much sun is getting through the ozone layer that is.  Duh.

wrong...
:birdsmily:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Global warming?

Reply #14
Quote from: Autocat;127641

Yep, it's the Greenhouse Effect.

And global warming is a reality. But it's the emissions from things like coal power plants, ocean liners, and Airplanes that have the biggest effect, in my opinion. Smog, you can blame that on your car.

Anyway, yes, Global warming triggered an Ice Age (or two). Let's all jump on that. :rolleyes: I need an Ice Age like a hole in the head (or ozone layer). I know people are tired of hearing about it, but you're going to keep hearing more and more, so long as we keep on being as irresponsible as we are (myself included). We're kicking our planet in the nads. It's only a matter of time before we get bitch slapped back.

Sure, it's cold this January, as January's are (I know it's the fifth, ;) just bear with me), but this has to be one of the warmest winters I've ever witnessed.