Skip to main content
Topic: Foxtbirdcougarforums Top 25 ET List! (Read 73831 times) previous topic - next topic

Foxtbirdcougarforums Top 25 ET List!

Reply #285
You need some horsepower in a bottle.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #286
We need a new one of these threads run by an actual active member...
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #287
I agree, things do not seem to get updated anymore, see post 570.  I think this was Mike Pinto's thread and maybe nobody else can modify the first post?

TED

Reply #288
Yesterday I did my best NA time of 11.909@116.5mph.  I picked up almost 7 mph and .4 faster.  I was a little disappointed with my 1.79 60' times but maybe I can work this out next week-end.

Very busy at the track in Seattle (Pacific Raceway) and I only got in two runs so I was not able to test with NOS yet this year.

But the Cadillac 500 felt very strong and I feel there more to find.

TED

Reply #289
Wow Ted!  7 MPH is a huge gain!  116 MPH should be good for 11.40's if you're able to get hooked up.  You've gotta be pleased with the results.  Congrats.

Reply #290
Haha when the car is done ill enter and see if I can break into that list!

Reply #291
Quote from: 86T-bird;318968
Wow Ted!  7 MPH is a huge gain!  116 MPH should be good for 11.40's if you're able to get hooked up.  You've gotta be pleased with the results.  Congrats.

I'm please with the first run of the year.  If the weather is good I will go down to Portland tomorrow night and try my luck there.  I have the NOS all figured out so it will work now (had a bad relay).  With the new front end I should be around a 1.6 in the 60' and I kind of need to figure this out NA first but this won't keep me from making at least one run with the NOS.  Last year I ran 11.45 with the 100 hit and with the new lower time NA I should be close to 10.

TED

Reply #292
Ted,

I hope you have good weather and can get some runs in to get it sorted out.  10's on the gas should be a given, providing it hooks.

A 1.6 60' time would be kinda slow on the gas (or even N/A).  What does your rear suspension consist of? 

Don't know if you're aware, Team Z does have rear suspension parts to fit a T-Bird.  His relocated upper's are a bit different and work exceptionally well.  If your interesed, it would be best to E-mail Dave, as I don't believe his website lists specifics for T-Birds.  A former member here (I believe it was BadBird) had all of Dave's stuff before he parted the car out.

I have his complete set up on my Mustang and am very pleased with the parts, service and performance.  None for my T-Bird though, that one goes around corners!

Mark

Reply #293
Went to Portland Last night. It was raining all day in Olympia but the weather in Portland looked good on the internet and I took a chance on the 100 mile drive.

The weather was cool, about 50, but dry. There were only about 50 or less cars there and the people were nice. I told the tech guy that I wanted a through check-out and he went over everything and only found that I should have put a little more padding on my roll bar down the side by my head. I put some on the top and side bar but they also want it to come down the side to the cross bar. All other items he said were perfect and he had no problems. Great to hear.

On the first run I was second in line behind a low 10 second Fox Mustang. I firgured he would call him and the car next to him so I did not have it started and warm. but he called the Mustang and the T-bird. I did a very nice burn out and but when I took off the line it bogged bad and I ended up with a 2.426 60' time, 12.568et but I still ran 115.45 mph so it took off good once it decided to go.

The second run (less than 10 minutes later) I did my burn out but went sideways again so it was not as good. But it did not bog and grabbed with a 60' of 1.666. My 1/8 was 7.558@92.44 and the quarter was 11.787 with 115.59. Much better run and the best I have done NA. It also raised quite a bit on the driver's side but not the right so I have so tuning to do to the rear suspension.

At the end of this run I looked down and I had zero oil pressure. Car sounded good and I thought maybe it was just a sending unit but I did not push it and did not get any more runs. I bet I could of had 20 plus runs this night if not for the bad luck.

Turns out my oil pick-up broke and it was lucky I shut it down and had a pressure gauge. I got if fixed today and can't wait to go again. One of these days I will turn on the gas.  There was no metal in the pan or the pump so I hope all is okay.

At least at 1.66 I'm getting there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oYBBkCgXXM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZU4fntPHdE

TED

Reply #294
Nice job catching the low oil!  Glad to hear there was no damage.

An ARB may be the best addition to straighten out the launch.  With your fabrication skills, putting one in should be doable.

You're chasing down on last years best nitrous pass natually aspirated.  Pretty amazing, with no changes to the engine itself.  That's exciting stuff!

Reply #295
Go getem' Ted...

I'd like to see what it will run once you get the chassis sorted out...

Slopoke might go to the track tonight

Reply #296
Wish her luck if she goes.  :mullet:

Please no more Slopoke runs  :mad:          :punchballs: 

Lost the underdrives, but will add the exhaust, supercharger and drag rad. Maybe just maybe she might see 5 psi.

Looking to go low 14's or better ???  :burnout:

Anyone care to guesstimate?

:burnout:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]88 t-bird: 5.0ho, gt40y, crane 2031, fms 1.7, paxton@5#, aod wide ratio, tci stall, performer rpm upper, 70mm bbk, pro m 60, 42#s, 3.73 7.5" posi, jba shorties, borla, upr x. 13.4 @ 104mph. cbaza, moates, tuned by decipha

Reply #297
I finally got to run my car with the new paint and I think it was good for another 80hp lol
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #298
TTT any new times guys? hopefully spring ill have some numbers for my car

Reply #299
this was on motor
stock 302,shorties,explorer heads,e303 cam/C4 3500 stall nitrous convertor on 255 street tires

R/T.421
 60"1.907
 330"5.540
 1/8"8.550
 mph"81.59
 1000"11.175
 1/4"13.403
 mph"101.61