Skip to main content
Topic: New ride. (Read 5669 times) previous topic - next topic

New ride.

Well guys my saab just about took a :shakeass: on me and decided it was now or never to trade it in for what little it was worth.

After test driving cars all day I fell in love with the Cobalt SS. Bought her on the spot. 2007 Chevy Cobalt SS. I love it.

My cougar will never be sold. She'll be warm and happy in my garage until I get out of school to do a engine swap or a rebuild. I just dont have the time and money right now to get her power back. But I have the fiberglass gfx for her so I'll have it all whenever the time comes again for the cougar. Hopefully I can replace the injectors back to 5.0SO again so she'll run normal. Just leaky rearmain so I can make it to cj.

But here is my victory red cobalt ss. Yes it's a chevy but I really enjoy it.

New ride.

Reply #1
Cool, man!
I've seen a few of those cars up close at my dealerships.
Is it a stick-shift?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

New ride.

Reply #2
More importantly, is it supercharged? :D
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

New ride.

Reply #3
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;113495

That is indeed the question!

I hate to say it but I actually like those cars. Just needs less ride hieght and it's golden. :grinno:
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

New ride.

Reply #4
SS= supercharged 205 HP mid to low 14's in the 1320.

Where did you take the pics?  I may be looking to invest in a 2nd house in PA within 2 years if all goes well.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

New ride.

Reply #5
Quote from: Paul Flockhart;113499
SS= supercharged 205 HP mid to low 14's in the 1320.

SS is a trim package.

http://www.chevrolet.com/cobalt/

They made the SS both superchaged and NA.

Did you get the optional 7 speaker sound system?

New ride.

Reply #6
So we lost another one to front spinners?

New ride.

Reply #7
Well I know my next new car will be a FWD.  Can't beat 50 mpg.
Willpower is no match for Horsepower.

New ride.

Reply #8
-i guess nobody saw the other day consumer reports top 5 LEAST reliable vehicles included the chevy colbalt......
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

New ride.

Reply #9
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;113495

The Supercharged ones have an actual 'Supercharged' emblem under the SS badge. This is N/A.

Nice ride, though.

New ride.

Reply #10
i guess nobody saw the other day consumer reports top 5 LEAST reliable vehicles included the chevy colbalt......

F Consumer Reports. They've been biased toward puppiesanese cars for over two decades now. Know what they ranked better than the Cobalt? The Honda Fit and Toyota Prius. You know...the two tiny clown cars that just came out. They haven't even been on the market long enough for a credible reliability record! And yet they beat the Cobalt, a car that's in its third year of production?! I don't think so. The Cobalt is made 35 miles from me and there's always positive news about it, both with national and local news stories. This has been the ONLY negative report about the Cobalt, hands down.

Do you know how CR does their research?
They poll their readers.
In other words, they're preaching to the choir. So, say 3,500 Fit owners reports good reliability, but 2,500 Cobalt owners report the same. Who's going to get more weight bias, do you think?

CR has been painfully fair with most Fords from the past 20 years (FYI, they really, really liked our cars back in the day, especially vs. their GM competition). And now they really seem to like the Fusion/Milan/MKZ, which are deserving cars. What CR has never done is fairly compare vehicles from the Big Three vs. the Asian imports. So we win...against ourselves. As far as CR is concerned, puppiesan rules the world and tells all of its readers about it.

Again, F Consumer Reports.

And thank you, Steve, for supporting my local economy.

New ride.

Reply #11
Quote from: EricCoolCats;113532
F Consumer Reports. They've been biased toward puppiesanese cars for over two decades now. Know what they ranked better than the Cobalt? The Honda Fit and Toyota Prius. You know...the two tiny clown cars that just came out. They haven't even been on the market long enough for a credible reliability record! And yet they beat the Cobalt, a car that's in its third year of production?! I don't think so. The Cobalt is made 35 miles from me and there's always positive news about it, both with national and local news stories. This has been the ONLY negative report about the Cobalt, hands down.

Do you know how CR does their research?
They poll their readers.
In other words, they're preaching to the choir. So, say 3,500 Fit owners reports good reliability, but 2,500 Cobalt owners report the same. Who's going to get more weight bias, do you think?

CR has been painfully fair with most Fords from the past 20 years (FYI, they really, really liked our cars back in the day, especially vs. their GM competition). And now they really seem to like the Fusion/Milan/MKZ, which are deserving cars. What CR has never done is fairly compare vehicles from the Big Three vs. the Asian imports. So we win...against ourselves. As far as CR is concerned, puppiesan rules the world and tells all of its readers about it.

Again, F Consumer Reports.

And thank you, Steve, for supporting my local economy.

Ralph Nader is on the board of directors, what did you expect?

New ride.

Reply #12
Quote from: *MAYHEM*;113533
Ralph Nader is on the board of directors, what did you expect?

Some where in the article for it to say "Unsafe at any speed!" :grinno:

New ride.

Reply #13
Yeah according to Consumer Reports, the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord have been the only cars worth buying for about the last 15 years or more...

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

New ride.

Reply #14
Sheesh.  You guys didn't bust my balls like this when I bought a Neon.  And my Neon's one of the most hated-on, py-ass, cheaply-built cars EVAR.  I was looking at the Cobalt too, before I made the hasty decision to get the Peon.  Kinda wish I would've waited and thought about it more now, but oh well.

Steve, good purchase.  I think your 4x4 look will subside a bit once the car gets the suspension broken in.  I know my car did the same thing.  A set of coils and struts couldn't hurt it though.  What kinda payments you making?  Hah, mine won't be paid off till 2010.

And, if I'm not mistaken, the SS N/A does have a few more ponies than a Cobalt base model (what is it, LT?)