Skip to main content
Topic: New ride. (Read 5670 times) previous topic - next topic

New ride.

Reply #15
I like the Colbalt! Nice Car!
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

New ride.

Reply #16
Quote from: Ifixyawata;113561
And, if I'm not mistaken, the SS N/A does have a few more ponies than a Cobalt base model (what is it, LT?)

I believe the non-supercharged SS has 170 horses or thereabout. The base has somewhere in the neighbourhood of 150.

Eric: I wholeheartedly agree with the F consumer reports thing. How many times has that magazine been proven to fraudulently skew tests to make them come out the way they want (the Suzuki Samurai rollover and Chevy truck gas tank explosions come readily to mind) before people stop believing what those hacks have to say???
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

New ride.

Reply #18
Quote from: 88turbo;113568
they need bigger wheels....

Bigger than 17's?  Poop.

Looks like the SS S/C wheels are clones, just one inch bigger.

New ride.

Reply #19
Quote from: *MAYHEM*;113533
Ralph Nader is on the board of directors, what did you expect?

+1

Ifixyawata, I learned a while ago that any car can be welcome on a Ford board, so long as it's not a bowtie. ;)

New ride.

Reply #20
Quote from: oldraven;113580
+1

Ifixyawata, I learned a while ago that any car can be welcome on a Ford board, so long as it's not a bowtie. ;)

I don't think all  of us are against bowties.  Just morons swapping SBCs into Fords.

New ride.

Reply #21
Yeah, let me also say this about CR.  F 'em.

I looked at the worst cars of 2005 and guess what?  '05 Neon is on there.  Guess why?  That's right, residual value.  Because a car isn't worth having unless it spuppiess some positive equity.

New ride.

Reply #22
Quote from: Cougarcruisin;113486
Well guys my saab just about took a :shakeass: on me and decided it was now or never to trade it in for what little it was worth.

After test driving cars all day I fell in love with the Cobalt SS. Bought her on the spot. 2007 Chevy Cobalt SS. I love it.

My cougar will never be sold. She'll be warm and happy in my garage until I get out of school to do a engine swap or a rebuild. I just dont have the time and money right now to get her power back. But I have the fiberglass gfx for her so I'll have it all whenever the time comes again for the cougar. Hopefully I can replace the injectors back to 5.0SO again so she'll run normal. Just leaky rearmain so I can make it to cj.

But here is my victory red cobalt ss. Yes it's a chevy but I really enjoy it.

Where did you go in the pic by the door? I can't see you :grinno:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

New ride.

Reply #23
BTW nice car:cool:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

New ride.

Reply #24
nice, if it were lower... supercharged....and black .. you'd have to hide it lol those cars drive badass.

and btw...

New ride.

Reply #25
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;113601
and btw...

Get back to me on that once it starts snowing.

New ride.

Reply #26
You can go *drifting* in the snow with rear wheel drive:grinno:

New ride.

Reply #27
Quote from: Ifixyawata;113607
Get back to me on that once it starts snowing.

I vote.... No.

and it was sopposed to be a joke ;)

New ride.

Reply #28
Quote from: thunderjet302;113612
You can go *drifting* in the snow with rear wheel drive:grinno:

Very true.  I've done this more times than I'd like to admit.

Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;113613
I vote.... No.

and it was sopposed to be a joke ;)

NO JOKES about TEH M4DD FWD, you jerk.  FWD FTW!!!!1!!1

Seriously, though, FWD in Snow > RWD in Snow.  Granted, my experiences are based on a peg-leg RWD car, I never got a chance to try out the T-L rear in the snow.

New ride.

Reply #29
Quote from: Ifixyawata;113615

Seriously, though, FWD in Snow > RWD in Snow.  Granted, my experiences are based on a peg-leg RWD car, I never got a chance to try out the T-L rear in the snow.

Very true, but with the right ammount of stuff in the trunk and a light foot... a rwd car can be just as nice as a fwd car.... but im biased.. i dont like the 03 Intrepid i get the priveledge to drive its fwd... and squirrelyer than the bird is in the snow.

Its all in how you drive the car.