Skip to main content
Topic: Show your engine now !!!!! (Read 130625 times) previous topic - next topic

Show your engine now !!!!!

Reply #465
The problem is that I had one fall in the pan (in vehicle) due to it for some reason not having the retaining ring on it. When I couldn't retrieve it, I pushed it to the rear sump and hoped for the best. If broke a chunk of no. 2 piston skirt and the small bits got up in the pump and jammed it solid causing the shaft to spin up like a twizzler and break. Leaving me with no oil pressure and a very slow mile home. Oh, and it happened to happen just as I finished a redline 1-2 up shift. Talk about wishing you'd taken the extra time.

Reply #466
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;431771
The problem is that I had one fall in the pan (in vehicle) due to it for some reason not having the retaining ring on it. When I couldn't retrieve it, I pushed it to the rear sump and hoped for the best. If broke a chunk of no. 2 piston skirt and the small bits got up in the pump and jammed it solid causing the shaft to spin up like a twizzler and break. Leaving me with no oil pressure and a very slow mile home. Oh, and it happened to happen just as I finished a redline 1-2 up shift. Talk about wishing you'd taken the extra time.

Ah got ya. So the old shaft fell out buggered up a piston? That'll do it.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #467
I had the same issue with my 351C.....pulled the distributor to weld up the advance slot and shorten the curve. Next thing I know, I fire it up and there a growing pool of 20W50 Pennzoil on the driveway......... With the open headers I never heard the crankshaft counterweight slap the drive rod thru my Moroso oil pan. Looked a like a bullet pierced the pan. Did I shut the engine off immediately?... Hell no......like a nimrod I checked the gauge to see if it actually read "0" first.......... Oh well, it needed to come apart to be freshened and have a new custom solid cam inserted  244/254  .600/ .600 on 107's, 6 degrees advanced.

Reply #468
This is an old pic........ not going to be running this intake. Got a Cobra unit that I'm polishing up.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #469
X

Here's the 2.3 replacement.

Reply #470
Boss or Man-O-War block? Can't make out the heads but they look like Edelbrock Vic Jrs.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #471
Dart Iron Eagle
Vic Jrs 70's ,2.08

Reply #472
Quote from: URDAPREY;431975
Dart Iron Eagle
Vic Jrs 70's ,2.08

Cool. How may cubes?

Reply #473
W/3.85 stroke

Reply #474
X

Reply #475
X

88 sport, stock 351w roller short block, gt40's, typhoon intake, on3 turbo kit making 473rwhp on 8psi

Reply #476
X

88 sport, stock 351w roller short block, gt40's, typhoon intake, on3 turbo kit making 473rwhp on 8psi

Reply #477
Sweet motor setup

Reply #478
351W with SVO crank, Probe rods and SRS pistons, AFR heads, custom headers and a wee bit of nitrous (pardon the dust):

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #479
I cleaned the engine in the Thunderbird for the first time this year. So I took pictures.