Skip to main content
Topic: The '80 XR-7... (Read 34057 times) previous topic - next topic

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #45
If I were you, I'd stick with R12. It'll cost more to refill, but the servicing portion will cost the same. If you want to go with a blend (which I don't recommend), go with FR-12.

I'd stay away from Duracool; it is illegal to retrofit R-12 vehicles to hydrocarbon refrigerants.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #46
i live i few miles from mex and you canhave your car filled with r12 for i think it is 40 bucks
 or you can buy a case of it for 30 bucks i once again i think but its been a while and prices may have gone up
:flip:I GOT MORE POWER NOW:flip:
:mad:..BUT I NEED EVEN MORE..:mad:

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #47
I made a couple calls today on windshields.  It will cost me $100 to have them reinstall it for me and about $180 for a totally new one.  So I guess we'll see if I can get it out of there w/o screwing it up :hick:

Still can't find the trans fluid leak.  Had the car in the air and running last night and cleaned some things off and saw no leaks, or obvious ones at least.  I'm probably just going to degrease everything, fill the trans up and keep an eye on it.  If it's a small leak I can deal with that until I get the engine/trans swapped.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #48
Picked these up today.

Was just planning on using the waffle-stars for the time being..but wasn't happy with that option.  I wasn't really looking for another set of these (had some on the 83 Tbird, but for the price I couldn't pass them up.  I paid $200 for the wheels/tires.  Two of the tires are shot, but that is a spare tire that was included (with lugs and locks).  The wheels aren't perfect, but the price was right. 
I'll stick the waffle-stars on the 84TC until I get the black '03 Cobras for it.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #49
What were those wheels originally on?
I kinda like 'em...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #50
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;103385
What were those wheels originally on?
I kinda like 'em...

The all polished ones like these are 94-95 Cobra.  96-97 Cobras got a similar wheel with the recesses done in charcoal.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #51
nice snag on those wheels. good deal!

i think the car deserves sumthin a lil more retro/80's but those will work for DD status...
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #52
Well, I'm not too sure about any "retro" wheels.  I was looking at the SN-95 Torque Thrust KO's as kind of "retro", but I'm not too keen on them really.  Some mesh-type wouldn't be bad either...but again most of those are older and smaller.  I was eyeing a set of the '98 17"split 5-spoke wheels as kind of an angular alternative...but this was too good of a deal to let pass, and I think they'll look pretty decent on the car.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #53
well, the stuff im thinkin would probly hafta be new aftermarket.
17" mesh
17" real torque thrust II's, not the mustang ones
etc.

the 98 split 5's would be nice, i agree there. maybe the 99+ 5spoke GT wheel...

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #54
A set of mesh wheels with the mesh done in "Bittersweet" would be pretty ...um...sweet....:hick:

The next wheels I buy though will be for the 84TC.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #55
do you have a piece of ground as in a side yard or extra driveway that you can buy a carport tent cut the legs down a little so it sits closer to the car, a car cover, tarp on ground and the car on stands.
in put out of the weather. a little ghetto garage! just a thought
1986 Cougar LS

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #56
Dude, give it to me. It would be a nice match to the built hipo 289 or 4.6 dohc we have laying around...
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #57
how bout these:headbang:

holy ! i jus found out who makes those(wheel vintiques series 94) and how much they cost:slap:

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #58
eh, not sure about those regardless of what they cost...

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #59
Well did some parts gathering today.  I attacked the 84 XR-7 to pillage some of the stuff from it.

Grabbed the SVO rear axle (3.45 Trac-Loc), my TBird upper arms I made a while back (need blasted and painted), the 94-95 spindles, and the C-kit front springs and the Cobra rears.  I also forgot I had a set of KYBs on the back of it as well.  Next trip will probably be the front control arms with poly bushings and the m/c booster assy as well as my CC plates. 
I already have the SVO rear calipers, so if I can get some rotors I'll run the SVO rear disks on this thing. 

I hate having to think about what tools I'm going to need and not having my air tools there.  It's a PITA.  :beatyoass:

I still haven't messed with the windshield yet.  I need to get that taken care of before too long. :dunce: