Skip to main content
Topic: Elan? Fila? (Read 4444 times) previous topic - next topic

Elan? Fila?

Reply #30
Quote from: t3skidoo;200923
No one has mentioned the real reason to order a Fila in the first place, the most powerful motor available in an aerobird (until the intercooled TC), a 175 HP SBF.

Are you serious?

Elan? Fila?

Reply #31
No one has mentioned the real reason to order a Fila in the first place, the most powerful motor available in an aerobird (until the intercooled TC), a 175 HP SBF.

A 175hp throttle body 5.0 in a Fila??? Nobody mentioned it cause it never happened...

Cuse me me while I go to john before I piss myself... :rollin:

Elan? Fila?

Reply #32
Thread from the Dead?
One 88

Elan? Fila?

Reply #33
Back in my youth I owned a 78' Diamond Jubilee thunderbird, loved that car...

Elan? Fila?

Reply #34
I never drove one, never cared.  Throttle body?  Who knows, never looked under the hood.  Just taking the salesman at his word.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elan? Fila?

Reply #35
And that's why we don't take the salesman's word for it :D I wish it was true though.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Elan? Fila?

Reply #36
IIRC, in '84 the Mustang GT came with a 175HP carb'd 302.  Yes or no?  The Fila came with that motor, so said the guy at Ford.  "Salesman" was a poor choice of words, the guy was a service writer.  We had this conversation while getting my TC serviced. 

True? beats me.  All I know is I've read lots of things that don't jive with my experience and/or recollection.  83-85 TCs rated at 155 HP?  Maybe, but that's not what was advertised.  All 83-85 TC motors the same? Doubt it.

I parked my "old" one next to a guy one time.  Lucked into catching him as we were leaving, talked TC shop for a while.  He had bought his '85 TC at the beginning of the model year, while I'd bought mine at the end.  The motor in his looked like it was straight out of an '84.  As compared to mine, different pipe off the turbo, different intake and a few other things that escape memory.

Believing don't make it so, but I consider him a reputable source for a starting point.  I'll say it again, I never cared about the Fila and still don't but one of the purposes of this board is information dissemination, right?

Is there anyone that has a Fila on this board now (that isn't banned)?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elan? Fila?

Reply #37
Quote from: t3skidoo;201242
IIRC, in '84 the Mustang GT came with a 175HP carb'd 302.  Yes or no?  The Fila came with that motor, so said the guy at Ford.  "Salesman" was a poor choice of words, the guy was a service writer.  We had this conversation while getting my TC serviced. 

That was a 4bbl carbed 5.0 engine... NO FOX T-Bird ever came with a 4bbl carb from the factory... AFAIK all '83 up 5.0 were fuel injection... Even if some of the Canadian models were carbed, I can gaurentee, none had a 4bbl HO... 

IF he stated it was the same, 175hp, etc... He was lying..

Except for Turbo Coupes a 5.0 could be had in any year Fox Bird... Fila, base, Elan, all got the same engine...

Elan? Fila?

Reply #38

Pay no attention to any posts concerning a certain member who owned one.....He was a fountain of mis-information.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Elan? Fila?

Reply #39
Quote from: t3skidoo;201070
Those wooden computers are just too hard for me to learn.

maybe this will help you out.

enjoy everyone,, been holding on to this link for a while now,, and it works fine.

http://www.syssrc.com/html/museum/html/sims/javaslide/

Elan? Fila?

Reply #40
I've got a red one... anyone wanna buy it? its for sale..

Elan? Fila?

Reply #41
Holy big pic Batman!!
I dunno how much are ya asking?
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Elan? Fila?

Reply #42
Yeah, sorry... didn't realize it till I had it there...

I want $900 for it, just want it gone.. runs and drives, good condition.. I am in washington

Elan? Fila?

Reply #43
I have an 85 Fila 106K, two owner,nearly perfect Fila. These are charcoal pastel gray light with dark charcoal gray accents on bottom. park one next to white and the difference is noticeable.      5.0 cfi 140-145hp

Elan? Fila?

Reply #44
I forgot to mention it is a feature car in THUNDERBIRD FIFTY YEARS, by Alan Tast, a book with pictures and excellent history of all birds.My car on pages 138 thru 142.