Skip to main content
Topic: Low 11 sec T-Bird pics, now in the 10's. (Read 3951 times) previous topic - next topic

Low 11 sec T-Bird pics, now in the 10's.

Here is pics of my bird launching at Mobile Dragway in Irvington AL. I since moved to Hawaii and the dragstrip closed down on Oahu 4 months after me arriving. That sucks, but I never posted these pics.

Reply #1
nice ride....what have ya done to it?
we need info dammit! :D
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #2
we need bigger then avitar pictures. That car is bitchen or something like that.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #3
Sweet ride man,faster than mine that's for sure.

Reply #4
Nice!

I'll be there soon hopefully :D
Willpower is no match for Horsepower.

Reply #5
Cool, I was born on Oahu! My dad was stationed at Hickam. He was an MP for awhile after joining the Air Force.
Resident "Idiot".

Formerly TBob5pt0 :shoothead

Quote from: JeremyB;165772
Repairing a lock cylinder that is frozen or sans keys requires a drill, gumption, and a midget on a tricycle.
Quote from: Big_D
Forgot to put on intake hose when starting the car, sucked neighbors cat into intake.

Reply #6
I need a bigger pic to use it as a screen saver slide!

Reply #7
awesome
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #10
Sweeeeet. What all do you have done to it? Especially in the suspension dept.?

Reply #11
yeah c'mon, what's in there?  As a side request can you post or send some pics of the roll bar installation?!  Thanks!
:headbang: '88 T-Bird 5.0 LX

Reply #12
The suspension is as follows:
Groundpounder Weightjacker lower control arms
Boxed uppers
Eibach drag springs for a mustang
adjustable front struts from strange
airbag on passanger side rear
drag shocks in the rear
removed quad shocks
no front sway bar
TC Rear Sway Bar and rear sway bar from a lincoln MK VII LSC (mounted differently)
 That is it, the car has 9" slicks 26" diameter (very small slick) and hooks so hard.

The roll bar was custom made at RUFF and READY Racing in Pascagoula, MS, I do not have any pics. I will see what I can do, but the car is in storage right now cause the drag strip closed down, plus half of the interior is out now for seat recovering. But rest assured all of the interior is in the car for these pics.

Reply #13
I forgot to mention that the front adjustable struts are for a 94 and up mustang.

Reply #14
The motor is a 5.0 explorer replacement engine with an e-303 cam 24# inj. GT-40P heads, cobra intake, 70mm TB, Old Skool Forged pistons and gapless rings, everything else stock accept a 250 shot of juice worked with a nitrous mastermind (for progressive nitrous vs all at once)and nitrous express fire and ice system (for consistancy), C-4 tranny with only 2500 stall, 8.8 31 spline axels, 4.10 gears