Skip to main content
Topic: Low 11 sec T-Bird pics, now in the 10's. (Read 3953 times) previous topic - next topic

Low 11 sec T-Bird pics, now in the 10's.

Reply #15
Nice :bowdown:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #16
 dude, I am very surprised your block is staying together. How long of a delay does it take for the nitrous to reach the 250shot and what type of system is it?

Sweet setup, car looks very familiar to a much slower car I know of...:D

1988 Tbird Stock bottom end 306, Windsor Jr's, Explorer intake, 125 shot.
Best ET: 12.11 Best MPH: 113.8 1/4 mile

Reply #17
SWEET!!! I"m scared to test mine, it's getting sick, gonna try for a new motor over the winter.

Reply #18
dude, I am very surprised your block is staying together....

yeah I was thinking the same thing. What do it run n/a? I was curious of what the gt-40p heads were capable of in these cars..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #19
The block has not split yet, and that is kind of a myth, 600 hp and the block splits, we all have heard it. NO, it is kind of true, high cylinder pressures and detonation and your block will split is more like it. I run it really fat and I have a timing retard that pulls out timing 1* for every 1000 RPM plus an initial retard of 4* for every 50 hp of spray. I could tweek a tenth or two out of it, but if it did detonate, the block would split. Here in Hawaii a R302 block is hard to come by and shipping overnight would cost a fortune. The best bet is to find a BOSS 302 block. The mastermind is set up to spray 150 off the line and bring another 100 in a matter of 2.5 seconds. The timing and fuel mixtures are key to setting up your nitrous system to work. When I first started messing with second stages it would just blow the tires off cause they are small slicks, but when the car is moving and you progressively bring it in it is less brutal on everything. Accept time slips, YEEHAW. Naturally asperated it has run 12.64 @103, but that was before the C-4 and less converter. I think that I would benefit from a taller tire and less gear cause I am hitting 6700 RPM through the traps and I am always scared I will be sweeping the motor off of the track into a dustpan. I have been thinking of building a twin M-90 blower setup like at toohighpsi.com cause nitrous is 6$/lb here in HI. Does anyone know if a marine engine 302 is the same block as the BOSS 302??? Oh the system I almost forgot, it started as a "The Nitrous Works" plate system but most of that is gone now, just have the solenoids, I have a nitrous works GT-40 phenolic spacer/dual spraybar plate with used NOS solenoids from another kit and the NOS nitrous mastermind, NW fire and ice system, more or less it is a Frankenstein Kit of like 2 systems and individual electronic controllers. I have an Accel 300 ignition with a 375 add on box for ignition conthol. It is amazing what you can piece together from e-bay.

Reply #20
WOW. Just wow.

Reply #21
What exact time did it run? The only time you listed was n/a (which I'll gladly add, tell me what tranny it had). I'd really like to get your nitrous 10's in.

Reply #22
Hey Lightningbird:

Slick ride !
Do you know how much the race weight is?
Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10

Reply #23
Hey Thunderjet, isn't that pretty similar to what you'll be doing to your ride pretty soon?

Reply #24
Man, I hope I can run that fast N/A with my similar combo ('97explorer long block with ported heads and intake e-303 1.7 RR's)
GT40p 5.0 w/ vortech @ 9.5psi, 400rwhp

Reply #25
Just keep in mind though guy's he's not N/A he does have nitrous as his power adder,and a heck of alot of it i might add.
Really curious on the weight though and what options are still in the car if any.
I'm hoping for 12s in my 3800pound loaded TC,but if i took out the stereo,A/C,power seat track,seats,insulation,etc,etc i think i could pull early 11s possibly late 10s,just not willing to sacrifice all the creature comforts and ride.
Nice time though.

Reply #26
His 12 was n/a. Pay attention to the suspension set-up. The car is set up to launch like an animal! I'd imagine he's close to 1.5 60's.

Reply #27
True it does look like it launches well,but i am lurious about the race weight,it says alot.

Reply #28
!  That car can lift some serious tire!  I can't even believe you're ony running a smallblock with nitrous, though 250 is a pretty hefty shot, I'm not sure I've heard of that big of one before, honestly.

Reply #29
"Here is the breakdown:

.667 R/T (Not the best)
1.55 - 60 ft
7.42 - 1/8th ET
92 MPH - 1/8th trap speed
11.62 - 1/4 ET
117.73 - 1/4 MPH

I can best this ET and speed but will have to dig through the car which is in storage. This will do for now. I do have a time slip with a perfect .500 light but is a 1/8th mile time slip from Mobile, AL. I will see what else I can find for time slips."

Added to the Top 25 List, #2 Overall, #2 Power Adder, #1 60'!!!!!