Skip to main content
Topic: In my hometown! (Read 1831 times) previous topic - next topic

In my hometown!

I was on ebay, just looking at cougars. I found a 1984 that looks pretty good, but I cant trust pictures. Anyway, I was dreaming of my cat looking as good as then when I scrolled up. The Location happens to be the city I live in!

I emailed the guy and told him to call me so I could take a look at it. Theres no telling if I'd be able to get it, but I need something. My cougar I think I have decided is un-salvagable. The frame is rusted soo bad, and even though someone on the forums would sell me a whole body (for about $500 including shipping) I dont know if it is possible to even transfer everything over into it, and if it is thats an awefull lot of work. So I do need a car, but I dont know if I would be mean enough to buy this and actually drive it during the winter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-Mercury-Cougar-Low-Miles-Automatic_W0QQitemZ280012059367QQihZ018QQcategoryZ6339QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In my hometown!

Reply #1
Wow only 1600 miles! I can't believe he didn't take a pic of the odometer with that kinda claim. That has got to be the cleanest V6 Cougar I've evah sawed.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

In my hometown!

Reply #2
I just realized it sais 8-cylinder at the top, but it sais 3.8 liter in the description. It does say it was a rebuild, and that is the mileage on the rebuild, so the odometer could say otherwise.

In my hometown!

Reply #3
i guess i should read some more too. xD
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

In my hometown!

Reply #4
HOLYFUGGINshiznit!!!!!!Call me bad and fornicatec me sideways!
:bowdown: :bowdown: That's my car!!!!!!!
I'm not kidding, that is exactly like the Cougar we had!!!!!
Oh man, I want that soooooo bad!!!!
  !!!!

It even has (looks like it) vent windows!!!!:bowdown: :bowdown:
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

In my hometown!

Reply #5
I'm going to go cry now.

In my hometown!

Reply #6
:( I didn't mean to do that.

In my hometown!

Reply #7
LOL Matt...that's ok....I've just been really wanting my '84 back, but it needs a lot of work!
It looks like this one would be perfect!

In my hometown!

Reply #8
I'm betting the guy want's too much... $1k starting bid and there's a reserve?  Meh.

In my hometown!

Reply #9
That's a really nice car.

In my hometown!

Reply #10
whow...whos samantha.... ?

DOH!, 16 ;(
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

In my hometown!

Reply #11
and even though someone on the forums would sell me a whole body (for about $500 including shipping)

Ok, who, where and what year? I need a new body for my cat too. Spread the love man, since you are not going to buy it, maybe I can. :D
Oh, needs to be an 86', or ay least a 4 eyed cat. I already have a solid body on my 87' parts car. I want 4 eyed! :hick:

In my hometown!

Reply #12
I'm Samantha. I'm Ric's [blknredcougar] daughter. =] What's wrong with 16?!

In my hometown!

Reply #13
I'm Samantha. I'm Ric's [blknredcougar] daughter. =] What's wrong with 16?!

Hello little lady

Interests:
cars, boys

We noticed. :nono:

In my hometown!

Reply #14
Hah. yupp. those are my interests. There is nothing wrong with that!:D