Skip to main content
Topic: Updated w/pics - 88 Cougar LS - car plus many parts available (Read 1131 times) previous topic - next topic

Updated w/pics - 88 Cougar LS - car plus many parts available

For sale:
88 Mercury Cougar LS Tan – Shell (Just a body and wheels) – Completely stripped (i.e. Pulled motor, trans & removed interior). Ready for paint prep.  Completely Rust Free southern car. Car was purchased in TN in 03.  Although the paint (tan) is faded, the condition of body is in excellent shape.

The only flaw is the dent in the roof. 

Options – Car was a standard 3.8 w/ automatic trans (both of which were junk and thrown out). Standard 7.5 axle (still in car)  Power windows & locks.
Have both the original hood and TC hood (currently on the car).

Additional Parts:

Brand new still wrapped front bumper (came primed).

Flawless tail lenses – again no scratches or fading.  Lenses only.

Numerous marker lenses inner and outer – ok shape.

Interior (out of car):

Interior was in rough shape when I bought it.  So I sped the original interior (inc. seats, carpet, all the panels, dashboard, headliner) and got better used components out of a few junkyard cougars. 

Since the parts came out of a more than 1 Cougar, none of it really matches.  I didn’t care because I was planning to have it all reupholstered anyway.

The ‘new’ interior includes: all seats except drivers side front seat. (I was looking for one with power recline to match the passenger side.)  Both full power front seat bases.  Dual power front seat wiring harness. Dashboard, door panels, interior panels, headliner.

Like many other people that want to restore an old car – I’ve neither the time nor the resources to do so at the moment.  It’s not costing me anything to leave it sit in the barn.  I just figured I’d see if there’s anyone interested.

What you’ll get is a good SOLID car ready to be built from the ground up.  More pictures are available upon request.

What I paid:
$500 for the car.
$400 for the Cobra Intake
$200 for the TC Rear Axle
$100 for the TC hood.
$125 for the tail lenses
$100 for the headlights
$300 in miscellaneous parts (interior: dash seats etc.)
$100 for the new bumper

$1725 invested.

What you’ll pay: (plus whatever the shipping may be)
$300 for the car.
$300 for the new Cobra Intake - SOLD!!
$200 for the TC Rear Axle - SOLD!!
$50 for the TC hood.
$80 for the tail lenses
$50 for the headlights - SOLD!!
$50 for the new bumper
Make offer on anything else.  All prices negotiable.

If interested email me at vyvyanct17@yahoo.com or call 262-488-0766.
~Corey

**Plus reimbursp00get for gas if I you’re purchasing everything and I have to haul it.

Ebay

Reply #1
The intake and the headlights are sold.
The rest of the parts are now listed on ebay.
Happy bidding!

Reply #2
no interior parts
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #3
Yo bubba,looked could't find them on ebay.I new I should of bougt it all.Can you put some links in.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Ebay

Reply #4
You can find the items listed on Ebay here...

Hey kitz,  your parts are on the way - mailed them out Monday.  I'll email you the tracking number this afternoon.

Everything else still up for grabs.

cougar86_89  - - I have a lot of interior parts.  WTB Console?
Are you referring to the center console seat/mirror controls? cause i have that..
I also have (out of the car) for the 88 cougar interior:
Dashboard - grey
Passenger Front Seat - grey
Back Seat - grey
Dual 6-way power seat bases (and the wiring).
All interior panels - Different colors tan, blue, grey.
Door panels - w/ power window switch - grey
Headliner - Blue

No set prices - make an offer on any of it.

Reply #5
is it a full console or the grandma tray. i want the full console and all the hardware to install with inculding the dash trim for round the radio the lighter panel and the control panel for  windows and the seats. is the lid cracked and what color is it.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #6
They didnt' make a TC V8
One 88

Reply #7
How much for just the passenger power seat track and wiring and the
armrest to the center console (if you would sell it seperately)

Reply #8
dont need it thanks
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #9
dont need it thanks
1986 Cougar LS

RE: Parts

Reply #10
Hey blackcat - hows $30 + shipping for the base and wiring?  I have to run back home and dig it all out of the attic still.  Soonest I can get back there will be Saturday.

CougarSE - the automatic TC's weren't V8's? - I wouldn't know, the guy that originally sold me the axle said it was from an automatic TC so I just assumed they had V8's in them.

Reply #11
Do you know if the dash will fit an 84 and it is the full dash or just the top part?

dash

Reply #12
It's the full Dashboard.  It came out of an 88 cougar with a column shifter.  I don't think it will bolt up to an 84 though...check with the guys in the misc tech section - they might be able to help...

Reply #13
Thanks, But can you remember my name for it?

dash

Reply #14
Absolutely - you've got first dibs on it.