Skip to main content
Topic: And so it begins... (Read 7544 times) previous topic - next topic

And so it begins...

Reply #15
Awesome.

Thanks a lot, everyone. It feels good to be back in a Fox again. Thanks again to Karl and Andrew, too. I wouldn't have this car if it weren't for them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And so it begins...

Reply #16
As promised...here ya go:

JC Whitney - 800-529-4486
Catalog 711B-06, page 77
1983-86 dew wipes (outside, mounts to aluminum piece, cut to fit; remove factory staples, drill new holes and pop rivet on):
KM819751 - $14.99 each - 2 required

Vent window felt (goes inside channel)
KM810358 - 26.99 - 1 required

That should do it for ya.

And so it begins...

Reply #17
Geeze. I must have missed the memo about you getting back into Fox-land.  And you've got boost now too ;)

Looking good.  At least you got a 83-86, I certainly don't want to send you the taillights back ;)  Haha.
Willpower is no match for Horsepower.

And so it begins...

Reply #18
Thanks again for all the comments.

I've been driving the car every day this week. I've installed new tires, new inner tie-rod ends, and a million other things I can't remember.
I have to get an alignment for it this weekend, then I can begin work on the body.
I've ordered the trim for the windows, so I should be getting to work on the doors by late next week.
Thanks again for the part numbers, Eric.

God, I love driving this car.

:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And so it begins...

Reply #19
It will be nice to see it at CatJam. I was seriously considering buying that, I guess you needed it more than me. Now I need to find a 96-97' 4.6 low mile Cat, after i sell the mach1.

By the way, how well does the hood fit? I might do that to my automatic version once my son is done with it.

And so it begins...

Reply #20
Quote from: yellow86coogr
It will be nice to see it at CatJam. I was seriously considering buying that, I guess you needed it more than me. Now I need to find a 96-97' 4.6 low mile Cat, after i sell the mach1.

By the way, how well does the hood fit? I might do that to my automatic version once my son is done with it.

Interesting. I will be selling the '96 within the next few months. I've done all of the required updates (tranny parts, aluminum intake, etc.). It has only 63k original miles. I also have three sets of wheels for the car, including a full set of 7-spokes with centercaps.
PM me if you're interested.

The hood fit is nearly perfect. I recall I had to grind down the AC bracket on the 5.0 in my '88 XR7, but it's perfect for the turbo 2.3 cars, for obvious reasons.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And so it begins...

Reply #21
I just put up my mach1 for sale on the Auto trader last weekend. I will be looknig for a low mileage 96 or 97 as a dependable driver. I had a 94' with ground effects, sunroof, auto temp, and auto lights, ex-wife traded it for an SUV. I miss the car sometimes. When the mach1 sells, I'll post a looking for ad on here with the options I am looking for. Why would you sell yours? Looks pretty nice on your web site. Does it have the sunroof?

And so it begins...

Reply #22
I'm selling the '96 because I won't be able to afford both cars. The '96 just doesn't make me enjoy driving like a Fox car does. It has a lot of cool options, but no moonroof.
It has:
-8.8" rear with Traction-Lok 3.27 ratio
-Four-wheel disc
-Illuminated entry
-Auto Lamp
-Premium sound w/ power antenna
-Factory engine block heater

There's one option it doesn't have that's actually a good thing: traction control. I've heard nothing but negative things about it. This car does not have it, which I think is cool considering all of the other stuff it has.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And so it begins...

Reply #23
Zach, if i dont see you or the car before catjam, i might have a few mods for ya by then, depending on if i get a few things done to mine by then ;)
It's Gumby's fault.

And so it begins...

Reply #24
I had traction on my 94'. It was a very, very nice feature. Car stopped very well in ice, and no issues taking off in bad weather either. I found it a great feature, so I am surprised to hear you say that. What cars will you be bringing to CatJam by the way?

And so it begins...

Reply #25
I'll have the '86 with me. I suppose I could bring the '96, but I would need somebody to drive it.
Let me know if you're interested in the '96 when the time comes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And so it begins...

Reply #26
Update:

I painted the window trim, mirror and door handle today on the driver's side. It took me four hours, so I didn't have the energy to start on the passenger's side. I'll do that on Tuesday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And so it begins...

Reply #27
Wow Zach, that layed down nice!  I'll have to check that out closely saturday.

Oh and the Cougar is back together... with some stiff new parts.... I'll have to show you some of our backroads now! heh
One 88

And so it begins...

Reply #28
I looked for that Mar-Hyde trim paint that Jim had, but I couldn't find it. I bought the Dupli-Color stuff and it turned out great.
I'll have the passenger side done this week, along with the suspension. I bought the struts yesterday and the strut mounts should be in on Wednesday or Thursday.
I was thinking about gutting some of the AC stuff, too. Maybe we could try that or the heater core this coming weekend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And so it begins...

Reply #29
Update:

Cat Jam '06 is creeping ever closer, so I've tried to kick this thing into high gear (so to speak) with what free time I have.
Thanks to Claude and his big-ass junkyard, I was able to find the following:
-Correct door panels
-NICE shift  and boot from a TC
-Mint taillights from another '86
-Silicone couplers for the intercooler

Those door panels are such a pain to work with, but I got them mostly assembled on the doors. The ones that were on there were from an '87-'88 and didn't fit well. In fact, I could barely lock the doors because of the stress they put on the lock rod.
I cleaned and conditioned the leather on the shift /boot and they look brand new. They're Ford parts, too.
I finished up all the painting on the door window trim. I will paint the trim around the windshield and rear glass within the next few days.
I also replaced the front struts and strut mounts, then I had it aligned. It feels like a new car.

Feel free to give criticism or whatever. I'm always open to ideas of where to take this car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]