Skip to main content
Topic: 87 Turbo Coupe, Will Trade for ANY V8!!! 6/19 New Pics! (Read 1939 times) previous topic - next topic

87 Turbo Coupe, Will Trade for ANY V8!!! 6/19 New Pics!

Well here it is, the 500 dollar wonder. When I bought it, the trans was slipping, the windshield was cracked, the drivers side lock didn't work, and there were a host of other issues. Today, the windshield has been replaced, I have the dospoogeentation for the $1000 Transmission Rebuild I had done about 3 months ago, the Drivers side lock DOES work, the Air Conditioning has been converted to R-134 and is fully charged and operational. The car runs great. Alas, running the Air Conditioning here in Arizona does suck some of the power away from this 4cyl engine, and therefore I am looking to sell this car and preferably trade it for a 8cyl Thunderbird. Again, it runs great, has little over 146k on the engine, the interior is in great shape, never been smoked in, etc. Other than Leather Seats, it is fully loaded, Moonroof and all. (Yes, it is the Evil Automatic, but everyone seems to know how to swap in a T-5 right?)

The only "Problems" with the car is that the paint on the lower portion of the bumber is peeled off in some areas. There is no body damage whatsoever on this car, just paint peeling on the bumper revealing some of that nice yellow underside. Also, for whatever reason, I've never been able to get the Keyless entry to unlock the drivers side door. It does it's job on all the other things (Passenger side Door, Trunk, etc.), but I can't get it to work the drivers side door. Some of the black on the Center Console Switch piece is chipped off, revealing some bare metal, but that's it. No mechanical problems. No body damage.

Oil changed approx. 100 miles ago. Radiator Fluid changed around same time. Spark Plugs changed approx. 1500 miles ago. Tires are in good shape, and should last a while before new ones are needed.

Feel free to ask any more questions. I will provide all the answers. I'm not going to put an asking price up now, because I am more interested in trading for a 302 Thunderbird. Again, I am interested in trading this Turbo Coupe, for a good running, Solid V8 Thunderbird. If ANYONE is interested, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks.
(Location: Tucson, AZ)

<---One must always remember to Remain cool, calm and collected when dealing with your fellow man, especially on the Internet....
-DMC24guy
[/SIZE]

Reply #1
Other Few Pictures:

I Do have the stock Radio, and would gladly include it if asked for.

<---One must always remember to Remain cool, calm and collected when dealing with your fellow man, especially on the Internet....
-DMC24guy
[/SIZE]

Reply #2
still can't believe you only paid $500 for that car, what a deal
86 thunderbird elan

86 mustang coupe

Reply #3
Yeah, I knew when I saw it on ebay I couldn't pass it up. I know some people on here probably think I'm crazy for trying to trade this for a Non-Turbo V8 Thunderbird, but as the saying goes, "My loss is your gain".
-DMC24guy
[/SIZE]

Reply #4
not considering any cougars?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #5
Yes. I should have said that considering where I am posting this. All V8 Thunderbirds and Cougars.
-DMC24guy
[/SIZE]

Reply #6
Now if you were selling I might be all over this but alas I want to keep my V8 Tbird.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #7
BAM! I've got a 5.0 87 Bird in Pheonix I'd be willing to trade RIGHT NOW. Call me @360-510-3666. It's a Silver/Charcoal Sport with the TC style interior, rebuilt AOD, full-length headers into true duals and lots of other goodies on a low-mileage motor. Red interior, TC hood, etc, etc...

Reply #8
ah, its okay, I had to wait till my payday anyways.
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.

Reply #9
Ok, obvious questions. Mr. Pinto, in it's current state, would the car pass emissions? As in, it's not registered in some backwoods county which doesn't require emissions testing. Also, do you have a clear title for the vehicle as well?
-DMC24guy
[/SIZE]

Reply #10
Wow, that looks to be in GREAT shape.  Heck, I thought that my Tbird for $1500 was a steal.  Are you just selling it because the AC bogs it down a tad?  Hmmmm...I would trade if I wasn't in love with my 5.0L Sport Coupe :) .

Reply #11
Great. The I can't load the website for 2 hours for some unknown reason, and when I get back, I find not much has changed. Mr.Pinto/AerobirdMotorsports, I am very interested in your proposition, but I would like to see pictures of the car if possible, and I need to know if there is a clean title with it.

I also noticed your profile says you are in Washington. How do you have a car in Phoenix?

(Yes, I am selling it because the A/C bogs the engine down.)

I should make it clear that living here in Arizona, in a major City, we DO have a bunch of Emissions requirements, so cars without Cats, Smog Pumps, Etc are out of the question. I need to trade for a car I can drive around and get smogged without any trouble.
-DMC24guy
[/SIZE]

Reply #12
I want to make it clear that I am interested in V8 power. Whether that be from a Cougar, Mark VII, Thunderbird, I don't care. If you have a good running, V8, that isn't completely trashed, I would be interested. I'm sure all of you are thinking...."what a sap! Selling his car because he think's the V8 has more power! HA! " Well, so be it. I'm looking for a good, reliable car, where I don't have to fear stalling the engine while running the air conditioning. If I don't find someone to trade with, I'm afraid I may have to go the Autotrader route and sell it to some random person. I don't want to have to do that because I know everyone on here (At least I think) knows how to properly take car of these cars and wouldn't trash them.

So, as of 4/22, I am still looking for a trade. Nothing has been decided yet, so please keep em' coming.
-DMC24guy
[/SIZE]

Reply #13
I could maybe talk my dad into tradeing his cougar, its an 86, 5.0 of course. It has the standard dash display. Only problems right now is the  driverside window dosent work, and a small exhaust leak. Some rust, a fading paint. not any major rust is known as of right now. AZ is a bit of a drive from utah though. If you are interested I can get some pics of it.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Reply #14
Does the Air work? And do you have any pictures....no matter how bad you may think they look?
-DMC24guy
[/SIZE]