Skip to main content
Topic: Georgia... (Read 2301 times) previous topic - next topic

Georgia...

Reply #15
yah. i like the cooler summers up here and the no car laws, but man, i need to make more than 35 with a degree and almost 6 years exp.
same here too, waiting for the wife to finish student teaching, unless i can find a job that pays me enough to rent a place down there too.

Georgia...

Reply #16
Well on finding places to rent try this www.rent.com it might help you decide on a location on moving to. Most of the places there have pictures of inside and out on the apartments or houses as well as you can search by city and what not. You can also get an idea on what the rate for rent and such is in the cities youre thinking about moving to. Another idea on jobs find a location you want to move to and then search the internet of local classified ads in the newpapers alot of times they will have a website where you can actually go through and look at the ads online from where youre living now. If you can get the phone number or address for the place you could call or send in a resume and possibly have the job before you even move. Im pretty sure atlanta has an online newspaper as well as most major cities should have.
87 T-bird two tone diarrhea color. 5.0 converted with AOD.  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

94 Lincoln Towncar, Dark Metallic Green, 4.6L AOD
SOLD!!!!

99 Mercury Cougar. V6 MTX75 Trans. CURRENT PROJECT DAILY DRIVER.

Georgia...

Reply #17
I thought GA was a nice place when I was there a few years back. Plus Summit Racing just opened up a new warehouse down there too.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Georgia...

Reply #18
I like it here in North Carolina.  Good climate, it doesn't get bone chillingly cold during the winters (but we do get a little snow sometimes), etc.  As for standard of living, well, that's the reason my family moved here from New York.  It was getting way too expensive to have a decent living there, but here in NC it is much better.  I also live in the foothills, so there isn't a lot of dull, flat landscape.  But if we want to go to the beach, it's only a few hours away.  The biggest problem is gas prices, but I'm pretty sure it's like that everywhere.

Georgia...

Reply #19
it's about $2.70 a gallon in here in Columbia..... the only reason i settled here was family..... if they weren't here, i'd be in Asheville, NC  about an hour or so west of Charlotte right at the base of the Apalacian Mountians......  absolutefully beautiful there.... that's why i recomended Charlotte.... that's where the NC jobs are (but the Raleigh/Durham area is a good choice too:))

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Georgia...

Reply #20
The Winston-Salem/Greensboro area isn't too bad for jobs either; that's very close to where I live.

Georgia...

Reply #21
Quote from: kingcars
The Winston-Salem/Greensboro area isn't too bad for jobs either; that's very close to where I live.

Hah I live just 45 minutes north of greensboro in martinsville Va
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Georgia...

Reply #22
I'm not too far either; about 15 mins north of Winston salem.  Martinsville is maybe a 45 minute - 1 hour trip from here.

Georgia...

Reply #23
Quote from: 88turbo
Kansas has no smog laws :flip:

sorry didn't catch that one from before..... neither does SC:2c:

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Georgia...

Reply #24
hmm.. will have to check out the carolinas more then, I hate to have to move, but michigan is just getting worse and worse, they are closing schools, and all the auto plants are closing, just not a good situation right now.

thanks for all the advice, what are NC's smog laws like?

Georgia...

Reply #25
Quote from: Funky Cricket
thanks for all the advice, what are NC's smog laws like?

I believe they just do a visual when doing the yearly state inspection. A few of the larger areas(Greensboro for one) do smog checks...

You could do a lot worse than my area as well(Norfolk/Va Beach). Yea traffic is getting to be thick, but jobs are fairly plentiful and we just about don't get any snow. State inspection does a visual that requires all smog goodies be in place, but unless you're in Northern VA/DC area(wouldn't live there on a bet) there are no actual smog tests... I go over to the Lexington/Roanoke area of VA a couple times a year to visit a freind, and keep saying one of these days....

Georgia...

Reply #26
I cant belive I am gonna say this, but a majority of utah has no emmisions, and there is pleanty of it type jobs out here.

Iomega, HP, Compaq, Emachines/gateway, even fairchild semi conductor(Used to be cirix.....I think).

Go to moster.com, and do a search for 84128. See what pops up under technical.

You will hate the summers though, as hot as 105 that I can remember, and lows in the negetives during winter, So not the best, and of course there is lots of snow.

BUt there is lots of it work out here.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com