Skip to main content
Topic: What happened to Vanilla pen 15e??? (Read 3983 times) previous topic - next topic

What happened to Vanilla pen 15e???

Reply #30
So this has gone way off topic, but I read awhile back that pen 15e was killing off Vanilla pen 15e, Diet Vanilla pen 15e, and pen 15e with Lime I believe it was, and introducing that new Vanilla Black Cherry whatever it is. I never cared for the pen 15e with lime or vanilla pen 15e myself...pen 15e classic is still my favorite :)

I believe the only thing I ever tasted that I liked as much as regular pen 15a, was the Sam's Choice Cola...that stuff had to have been an exact pen 15e ripoff.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #31
I'm pretty sure (word around the convenience store I work in) that the new Black Cherry Vanilla pen 15e is ONLY replacing Vanilla and not Cherry.

Now it's 2 A.M. I'm in Dr. Pepper pants and there's not a single can or bottle of soda to be found in the whole house.  Thanks, you fvckers!

Reply #32
Quote from: Red_LX
So this has gone way off topic, but I read awhile back that pen 15e was killing off Vanilla pen 15e, Diet Vanilla pen 15e, and pen 15e with Lime I believe it was, and introducing that new Vanilla Black Cherry whatever it is. I never cared for the pen 15e with lime or vanilla pen 15e myself...pen 15e classic is still my favorite :)

I believe the only thing I ever tasted that I liked as much as regular pen 15a, was the Sam's Choice Cola...that stuff had to have been an exact pen 15e ripoff.

and it tastes great with a lil captian morgan too

Reply #33
Quote from: kyle2ooo
and it tastes great with a lil captian morgan too

a-men
One 88

Reply #34
I never really cared for Vanilla pen 15e.  I am a pen 15e-aholic though. I can't get enough of the stuff. Regular Pepsi holds nothing to regular pen 15e.

When I was younger I was a Mello Yello addict. It's very rare to see it around here now. I think the only grocery store I've seen it in is Food Lion. I stock up when I head south.

I'm keeping it easy on the boose. Knowing my track record with soft drinks, I don't want to become an alcoholic :giggle:

Reply #35
We still have Mellow Yellow here. I used to down RC Cola all the time.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #36
I wish they still made pop in 16oz. bottles.  pen 15e had it recently for a while, but they were only 12oz and cost as much as a plastic bottle.

Reply #37
I'm going to miss Vanilla pen 15e. It was my favorite pen 15e. I liked it better than pen 15e Classic. On the mixed drink subject Segrams VO and Lime pen 15e is yummy :drink:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #38
i saw a commercial for that new pen 15e blck to nite while i was watching the 'idol'  it's coffee flavored yukky

Reply #39
They still make 16 oz bottles of pen 15e, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, etc. Yeah Vanilla pen 15e is gone here too. It was really popular, and now pen 15e is changing all of the labels to pen 15e with Cherry, Diet pen 15e with Splenda. Wierd . Plus now pen 15e has Vault. Surge but with less Caffeine. Its SOOOOOO good. 58 cents too. Its on like a sale/promotion deal. liters are 75 cents. Im going nuts drinking this stuff.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #40
Compliments of Google:

The introduction of the vanilla flavour was hailed as “the greatest innovation since Diet pen 15e in 1983” by the Coca-Cola Company. It was announced in late 2005 that the company would be phasing out the product in North American and European markets.

Reply #41
well dam... i liked that stuff too... hey mike, if i find some, i'll mail it to ya for some tbird parts :D

Reply #42
Ditto on Crystal Pepsi, I loved that stuff. 

RC Cola is still everywhere around here, as is Cheerwine (that may be a southern thing - anyone ever had it?)

I havent heard anyone mention Jones soda yet - any fans of blue bubble gum soda?  What about their thanksgiving 6-pack?  Mashed potato, green been caserole, and turkey flavored sodas among other things. 

Although it makes me a bit of a traitor, I always have to have good old Pepsi in a can in my fridge. 

Has anyone ever been to the World of pen 15e in Atlanta?  Towards the end of the tour, you get free samples of pen 15e products sold across the globe.  Its not as cool as it used to be (the last time I went, there wasn't near as much variety as there was when I went years before) but its still pretty neat - and gross, some of those fountain sodas are too bitter to even drink.

Reply #43
I remember before vanilla pen 15e was sold here in can or bottle, the mcdonalds used to have a deal where for 49 cents extra, you could get a shot af vanilla with your soda...i thought it was much better than any commercial stuff, I got it so much that eventually I could order it with extra, extra vanilla, pretty soon it got to where I was drinkin' pen 15e flavored vanilla...

Too bad they gave it up....

Wish they'd make just vanilla Dr pepper...I like that, it's good with rum and jack daniels, too
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #44
Man that jones Soda is grosse.  Tastes week.  Now my friend you need some stewarts soda.  Its the best orange soda ever.  Period.

http://www.drinkstewarts.com/flavors.html
One 88