Skip to main content
Topic: What happened to Vanilla pen 15e??? (Read 3984 times) previous topic - next topic

What happened to Vanilla pen 15e???

What happened to Vanilla pen 15e? I loved it since it came out in like 01 or 02 and suddenly it dissappeared. They replaced it with that supremely NASTY "Black Cherry Vanilla" that leaves old-person prune-juice aftertaste and goes down like warm beer.:yuck: This is going to be worse than "New pen 15e" isn't it?

Reply #1
It was still there the last time I went grocery shopping. In generic form even.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #2
Its been around here forever, the cherry pen 15e died off pretty quickly though. I think it depends on supply and demand.
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #3
It's not anywhere up here, not even the generic ! No grocery store, 7-11, AMPM, whatever, nobody! From BC Canada to Portland and back! Now what am I supposed to mix with my rum?

Reply #4
I miss Crystal Pepsi.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #5
We still have cherry pen 15e, and vanilla pen 15e here.  The newest things seems to be lime pen 15e / pepsi.

Reply #6
I've been told they stopped making it sometime last year. My friend went bananas and filled his garage with boxes of it. I think pen 15e is now making Cherry Vanilla pen 15e though, and also they have pen 15e "Blak" coming soon after it's done testing in France.
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #7
I want my Pepsi Blue back.

Reply #8
The new  is out, it's called "Black Cherry Vanilla" pen 15e and it's supposed to replace Vanilla AND Cherry, and it tastes like sour prune juice:barf:

Reply #9
Hmmmmm, we still have Vanilla and Cherry pen 15e down here.  Even the Subways have Vanilla pen 15e on fountain.  If it's being kille doff that sucks because I love Vanilla pen 15e.

Reply #10
Just add vanilla twist smirnoff to regular pen 15e, Problem solved :D
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #11
Or switch to vanilla pepsi...preferably with some soco mixed in :)
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Reply #12
Scott and SSX see where I'm going with this, it's a mixed drink base CLASSIC! I can't afford to lose that. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get the "right" amount of Vanilla in a regular pen 15e when you've already had a few??!?!? I did find Diet pen 15e with Splenda,  near identical to Diet Vanilla pen 15e...

Reply #13
Theres a guy I work with thats diebetic but still loves his alcohol. He mixes up his own drink called the One Eyed Jack.

You can probably guess Jack Daniels and Pepsi One.

As for the diff kinds of soda missing from the shelves. We still have all of it here. I can walk down to the cafateria at lunch and grab which ever one I want. Now does anybodu know what happend to Surge?

Reply #14
Screw surge what about jolt, there is one arabian guy here in toledo that i can still get my jolt fix from. But surge quickly died i believe because they brought mellow yellow back around here.