Skip to main content
Topic: '88 V8 engine harness wanted (Read 1134 times) previous topic - next topic

'88 V8 engine harness wanted

Yep, I'm looking for an engine harness for an '88 Sport...
If anybody has one, post here, or pm me, or email me:
Fordtruckfreeek@yahoo dot com
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #1
I have one but it comes with the car.
 Thanks,
  Chris

Reply #2
yeah, I've checked out your thread, wish all these cars were closer...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #3
Which engine? It it the TBI or SEFI? If its the TBI the one for a 3.8 will work on it I read somewhere. Not sure though might want to check into it. If it will I got one in my white one sitting out on a farm. It needs some severe clean up before it's used though the motor that was in the car had an oil leak from hell. it didn't leak it waterfalled. Also I think it needed the connector for the TBI replaced it had the insulation peeled back for some reason. It never seemed to bother how the car ran though.
Other then that I think it was in great shape not sure exactly as I havent been under the hood of that car in quite awhile where I actually paid attention to the wiring.Let me know.
Also if its the SEFI pretty much disreguard this entire post.
87 T-bird two tone diarrhea color. 5.0 converted with AOD.  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

94 Lincoln Towncar, Dark Metallic Green, 4.6L AOD
SOLD!!!!

99 Mercury Cougar. V6 MTX75 Trans. CURRENT PROJECT DAILY DRIVER.

Reply #4
LOL, yep, mine's the sefi version.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #5
Well I PMed you about mine but this week-end it and the car are gone.I am going to trade it for a sweet red 93 Notch 5.0 roller.
 Thanks,
  Chris

Reply #6
Ahh, no biggie, I'm still not 100% sure which way I'm going to go with the engine choice, I also have a 390 sittin' around, that is pretty well built. :D
I've really been looking for a cheap Stang 5.0 to rob of the parts I need, to piss off the Stang Bangers who rob TC's of the rears.:evilgrin:
As it is, the car's tags expire the end of this month, so it'll be getting parked soon, I'm not gonna deal with this  V6 leaking oil all over much longer, and I wanna get it somewhat modded before summer gets it hot enough to melt sidewalks here...
If it absolutely comes down to it, I'll drop a carbed 351w in it and call it done-got a block right now that can go to the shop to get cleaned/bored any time...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #7
What all are you looking for in the way of 5.0 pieces. I have a few of them laying around.

Let me know I'm cleaning the garage. And depending where you are in MO it could be anywhere from 3-5 hours to get here.

Reply #8
well, I need an '88 V8 harness mainly, but I'm curious what parts you may have, if you cleaning up shop, so to speak, I may be interested in some stuff...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #9
Complete HO top end off a lincoln.
I have a tune port engine harness.
Factory headers.
Misc body parts

And misc stuff. If there is any specific pieces other than the harness let me know.

Will trade top end for a good condition 5.0 T5 and bell housing.

Reply #10
i have a mass air converted 88 harness for sale, if your still interested
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #11
Do you think the your harness would work in an 86 turbo coupe 5.0 wannabe?

Reply #12
i have a 5.0 harness for an 86 tc if you need one to, im parting a 5.0 5speed tc right now
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #13
What computer does it have? what is it from originally? Is it hacked up at all? How much ya want for it? You can pretty much consider it sold.

Reply #14
the computer i believe came from an 88 mustang, and the harness is nice not hacked up i have the whole thing too, as the headlight harness is needed to go from 4 to 8
95 Ranger Splash 2.3