Skip to main content
Topic: Sweet Sixteen (Read 5746 times) previous topic - next topic

Sweet Sixteen

Reply #45
Quote from: CougarSE
I can just see carmen out on a cold canadian day trying to start the Tbird.

Betcha it gets colder in Ohio than it does in Nova Scotia ;) In fact, it probably gets colder in most of the USA than it does here. Those really bad cold snaps where it gets down to like -40*F are usually watered down to about 10*F when they hit that Atlantic... The coldest it's been here this year is about 0*F (-18c)

That aside, two things: One, we Canadians had carbs for decades with cold weather and still managed to get around (most of my cars have been carbureted, including my '85 Bird - we Canucks actually received EFI several years after USA did on many models), and two, the T-Bird will never see winter driving again. Even if that stupid Volvo blows up again I'll hopefully have a turbocharged, 5-speed, 4WD Ranger put together by next winter (gotta do SOMETHING with that TC engine I've got :D)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Sweet Sixteen

Reply #46
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
Betcha it gets colder in Ohio than it does in Nova Scotia ;) In fact, it probably gets colder in most of the USA than it does here. Those really bad cold snaps where it gets down to like -40*F are usually watered down to about 10*F when they hit that Atlantic... The coldest it's been here this year is about 0*F (-18c)

That aside, two things: One, we Canadians had carbs for decades with cold weather and still managed to get around (most of my cars have been carbureted, including my '85 Bird - we Canucks actually received EFI several years after USA did on many models), and two, the T-Bird will never see winter driving again. Even if that stupid Volvo blows up again I'll hopefully have a turbocharged, 5-speed, 4WD Ranger put together by next winter (gotta do SOMETHING with that TC engine I've got :D)

Heh sounds like a wicked use for that engine... i wanted to do something like that with a Daytona Turbo engine in a jeep once.

Sweet Sixteen

Reply #47
Ranger, huh?...  THERE'S something I can do with my 2.3T.  Some guy around here dropped a 351W into an older Ranger and was trying to sell it cheap.  I should've c00ched it up.

Sweet Sixteen

Reply #48
Actually carm, about two weeks ago it got down too 6 degrees outside and thats been it.  Glad to hear your keeping it off the road atleast! 

The only thing that stands in your way of the turbo ranger is the turbo position.  gota get a bobs ranger log.
One 88

Sweet Sixteen

Reply #49
I've read that the stock manifold will work but it requires notching of the heater box, but if that doesn't work Bob will be getting a call...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Sweet Sixteen

Reply #51
A while back I had the grand idea of putting my 2.3T into a MG Migdet.  That thing would move.

Sweet Sixteen

Reply #52
Quote from: Outlawz24
Any one interested in doing a Ranger turbo should check this forum out....its got a lot of info.

http://www.rangerpowersports.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Chuck W had one a while back, sure he'd give ya some advice. ^Thats a good site by the way^
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Sweet Sixteen

Reply #53
I stumbled upon RPS when i was looking at buying an 85 Ranger long box with the 2.8. But when i found the cougar i made the decision to wait till i could afford a newer Ranger Splash.

Sweet Sixteen

Reply #54
...And haven't we just hijacked the hell out of this thread... It started as somebody showing his car, evolved into a discussion about carburetted 351's, then branched off about the weather a bit, then to turbo Rangers :D

Sweet Sixteen

Reply #55
I stumbled upon RPS when i was looking at buying an 85 Ranger long box with the 2.8. But when i found the cougar i made the decision to wait till i could afford a newer Ranger Splash.

Sweet Sixteen

Reply #56
well at least it went back to turbo related items lol

Sweet Sixteen

Reply #57
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
...And haven't we just hijacked the hell out of this thread... It started as somebody showing his car, evolved into a discussion about carburetted 351's, then branched off about the weather a bit, then to turbo Rangers :D

Welcome to kewlbird08's miscellaneous thread!  Feel free to hijack, shoot down, exploit, add to, and change any subject you do or don't see in this thread!  Let's keep this thing goin' on a hijack-only basis.  How 'bout 'dem Bears?

Sweet Sixteen

Reply #58
nice bird wish i could say thast mines gonna be bought with my own money but my dads giving me it, but its ok all mods are 100% gonna be done by me so. but thats a long ways off. right now im building a 200cc 5 speed semi auto golf cart gonna be one fast  well good luck with the bird. and anyone around rhode island if u got a golf cart i can buy for like 100-200 let me know thast the last part i need.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Sweet Sixteen

Reply #59
right now im building a 200cc 5 speed semi auto golf cart

around rhode island if u got a golf cart i can buy...thast the last part i need.

I'm sorry, but something about that just struck me as funny.  "I'm building a golf cart.  All I need is a GOLF CART."  :giggle:
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0