Skip to main content
Topic: dyeing seats (Read 2661 times) previous topic - next topic

dyeing seats

ok i know some of you guys have dyed your seats now im wondering if u got caught in a rain storm and you have been soaked will the dye come off on your wet clothing?
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Re: dyeing seats

Reply #1
most likley not,make sure you get the premium or high-quality die but make sure you clean your seats really good before you dye them.

Reply #2
so shampoo the hell out of em then let em dry

Got that fox rash again!

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #3
yeah,let them dry really good are you planning on removing the covers from the seats then dying them? or dying the covers on the seats?

Reply #4
the entire seat its a 84 cougar

Got that fox rash again!

Reply #5
how would  you remove the cover? Tearing out a few of the stitches?

would be easier to redye mine that way if I did (likely won't since it won't be as vibrant as when new - just look in the crack at the front of the seats. Most of the colors really shined when new. Also have a busted right side of my driver's seat. Either needs to be attached again (whatever "fell apart") or needs to be welded back together. The back support is weak on the right side :shakehead
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #6
i havnt had dye come off on my clothing yet
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #7
underneath the seat do you have hog-rings or rubber straps holding on your cover?
well there alot easier if you remove the cover.

Reply #8
the seat portion looks easy to get off but the backrest is what looks difficult. I figure it can't be all that difficult though, as I doubt ford would make something complicated that'd take a lot of time (time is money)
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #9
there should be a bolt on the side of each seat its a big torque Screw. Turn it left it should slip off of the lower secton.

Let me know if you need anymore info?

Reply #10
and the headrests are easy just pull up hard and they come right out.