Skip to main content
Topic: Fox T-bird in HOTROD (Read 2762 times) previous topic - next topic

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Anyone see the red '87-'88 Fox T-bird in the new HotRod?  Its not a feature but it does cover about 1/2 page.  Its at the drag strip and  near pulling the front wheels.  Cowl hood, painted moldings, and drag radials but pretty much stock appearing other than that...and it has the LX/Sport grill.  I'm sure its far from stock though.  Gives us all hope that people will recognize how cool our cars are!  Check it out!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #1
Is this the January issue or the Feb issue? I haven't gotten the Feb issue yet...

Oh and on the topic...the other day I was on autotrader.com just looking around to see if there were any '83-88 Thunderbirds for sale locally. I kid you not, I saw no less than 3 full on Pro-Street-style '83-86 Thunderbirds in the listings. I didn't know those things were that popular to do that with!

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #2
Yeah, i had a guy offer to buy my bird once... it's was an 86 and he wanted it to make a drag car. Cause it's an aero bird and has a skinny feature, unlike the obease mn12's
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #3
It would be the Feb issue I think.  I just got it yesterday.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #4
There was an article in Hot Rod on how to do a 5lug swap, also brake upgrades. I just looked in an old issue of Car Craft and found an mn12 article and an aod article. There is an 87 TC for sale in Wheels For You. Nice car looks exactly like OldRavens. Ill get some pics of the articles. Should get the new Hot Rod soon I take it then.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #5
:ttiwwp:

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #6
yeah we def gotta get some pics in here of this monster =8D
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #7
OH yeah, if i send the moderator a picof my car, could they make itmy signature?
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #8
Quote from: Vantage08
OH yeah, if i send the moderator a picof my car, could they make itmy signature?

We're self-serve around here. Go to a place like ImageShack and host your pic, then link to it in your sig. Please try to keep it reasonably small. (ImageShack can resize it for you if you don't know how)

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #9
This would be the issue right after the fastest street car one with the red Nova on the front right? My new issue hasn't come in the mail yet. Now I can't wait for it:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #10
Quote from: Bird351
We're self-serve around here.

:giggle:

Nice.

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #11
My next door neighbor once offered to buy my '84 Cougar to make a drag car out of.  I told him that it was too rusty and I was going to use it as a beater.  Though, once I found out that it had foot-size rust holes in the floor, I just parted it, burned it to the ground (accidentally) and junked it.

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #13
When I bought my 'new' 82 t-bird the lady said two different guys had come before me looking at the car but she chased them off when they mentioned turning it in to a drag car, she lowered the price for me though and I brought it home :D
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #14
I didn't get a chance to scan a pic of the car yet, but I just read through that issue of Hot Rod, and the text says the 'bird has a 502 big block, and qualified in the high 8's! Woah!:bowdown: :evilgrin:
Resident "Idiot".

Formerly TBob5pt0 :shoothead

Quote from: JeremyB;165772
Repairing a lock cylinder that is frozen or sans keys requires a drill, gumption, and a midget on a tricycle.
Quote from: Big_D
Forgot to put on intake hose when starting the car, sucked neighbors cat into intake.