Skip to main content
Topic: Fox T-bird in HOTROD (Read 2765 times) previous topic - next topic

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #15
Quote from: slamedcat

Was it this one?

Hey, I have the issue that has that car in it. That issue's a few years old though. What I think is kinda weird is that, that car is totally trick yet they have scant few details about it in the magazine and I've never seen it in any other mag since.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #16
Quote from: slamedcat
Was it this one?

That car ended up on e-bay. I remember the listing, I looked at the VIN and I knew something was wrong - it didn't start with the usual 1FABP6...I can't remeber the VIN but I did do a search and the VIN came back as being a F250 4x4 pickup.

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #17
Was it this one?
thats the car that made me finally decide too start moving foward on the 4.6 DOHC modular swap.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #18
nah man it was this one

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #19
dood, thats a modular DOUH V8 as well dude....has a similar distributer conversion as the one thats being made up for me....sweet...how many cubes did you
I didn't get a chance to scan a pic of the car yet, but I just read through that issue of Hot Rod, and the text says the 'bird has a 502 big block, and qualified in the high 8's! Woah!:bowdown: :evilgrin:
say that bad boy had.....awesome!

any chance you could flatbed scan that for me? id love too have a copy but id rather not have too go out and buy the whole mag....

~John~

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #20
Quote from: shame302
dood, thats a modular DOUH V8 as well dude....has a similar distributer conversion as the one thats being made up for me....sweet...how many cubes did you say that bad boy had.....awesome!

any chance you could flatbed scan that for me? id love too have a copy but id rather not have too go out and buy the whole mag....

Oooh 3 bucks... :flame:
One 88

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #21
:laughing:

On a side note.  I like the black one better, but mainly because of looks.  I mean sure it's got the beastly motor in it, but it looks super badass too.

It's still cool though to see our cars in mags and the likes.

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #22
I checked out the magazine at borders.  It was only a little caption, but it mentioned that he had a big block 502 in it.

Fox T-bird in HOTROD

Reply #23
I checked out the magazine at borders. It was only a little caption, but it mentioned that he had a big block 502 in it.

ah...im retarded. had i realized that the engine bay pick was of another car i wouldnt have said anything. the scan of the mag cut it out just right so i didnt realize its not the tbird.  now that i have the mag in front of me i can see its a modular allright but its another car all together. sweet tbird though.......

~John~