Skip to main content
Topic: Newbie With Pics Of my Thunderchicken (Read 2166 times) previous topic - next topic

Newbie With Pics Of my Thunderchicken

Like the title says, im a newb to the forums (but not to my bird, found this site from Turboford.net), and i figured a good first post would be of my Thunderbird. It's a 1988 Turbo Coupe 5-speed. It's a fun high school caR (though not my first by far), and somewhat of a unique daily driver (at least around here, where the only other tbird i have seen is a pos white v-6 on the verge of junkyard glory...) Well here it is, all cleaned up, after my friend waxed it for me. I'll see you guys around the board!

Reply #1
Nice ride, I kinda like the rims

Reply #2
Black on black is incredible.  I'm probably painting my rims the same way on my '85 V8 car, except I may leave the centercaps thier natural color.

Welcome, you have a nice looking car.

Reply #3
Welcome aboard.:D
Nice looking t-bird.
Hmm, black painted snowflakes, I wonder if Shawn had something to do with that :rolleyes:

Reply #4
Can your friend wax my car? :D

Welcome to the board, and very nice TC.

Reply #5
lookin good. welcome to the site. :cheers:
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #6
Nice car:D . Oh nice burnout too:headbang:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #7
 that looks sleek as hell.  Nice ride man, welcome.

Reply #8
Very nice.

You get better comments about that black wheels than i do.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #9
nice car man....reminds me of night rider...

the one thing i hate most about my car or any car for that matter, is waxing it.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #10
Thats one shady lookin MFer lol that black isn't stock right? But it's still cool looking. I foro the first time, did a burn out w/ my 3.8 in D not OD..i was like..SWEET!! lol.
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Reply #11
the one thing i hate most about my car or any car for that matter, is waxing it

I think I'm nuts then. I like taking 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon in the summer to wax my Bird. I usually put the ball game on the radio and wax. I wax it once a month even though it only gets washed twice a year and the rest of the time I just dust it. Car hasn't seen rain since Aug. '03. Mabey I'm :screwy:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #12
Welcome..

Nice ride ....whats it got done to it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #13
Waxing is fun. I too enjoy taking time when I have it to get the cars nice and shiney:D
Only downside is the muscle aches I get the next day from several hours of 'wax on, wax off'. Usually wax about 3-4 cars whenever I go to wax just 1.

whoa

Reply #14
Wow, Thanks for all the comments guys!! Not much is done to it yet, i put a cone air filter where the stock (and hideous unless sparkling) airbox goes, It had a Boost Valve when i got it, and the exhaust is cut off after the first cat because it was breaking at the welds (will get full exhaust soon though). This car looks a lot better than when i picked it up. The wax job did wonders, it was incredible. Before, even when i washed it, it always looked cloudy black... My friend said a wax would fix it, and i did not believe him, but i was wrong! My Friends and i have always liked the  look of black wheels, esp. on black cars, and this case was no different. Semi Gloss Black Bomb can, it came out nice i think. Kinda looks mean hehe. I will try and get some interior shots of it in the next few days, the interior was in great shape when i got the car, it is blue cloth, with no tears or rips or anything. I found receipts of a turbo rebuild from High Tech Turbo showing my turbo was rebuilt in 2001. This was very pleasing. I have a lot of plans for this car in the next few months, including a fine slew of go fast goodies and some Suspension and ect. Well, i will be around, Thanks again For all the comments guys!!

-Austin