Skip to main content
Topic: Layla and friends! (Read 1982 times) previous topic - next topic

Layla and friends!

:flip: Just in case you guys DIDN'T know what she looked like! New engine has 1200 miles on it, the Alpine bumps, and she's all red. Check the website if you don't know her whole story :D

G/Fs TC

Reply #1
Audra's TC. We met when I tried to buy her car. That was almost 2 years ago.:tg:  All that's left is to do the heater core.

The 83

Reply #2
All-original, 93K miles, 5-Speed, loaded 83 TC with all the emblems etc. Wing windows, came with a Mustang steering wheel and 10-Holes (with 255 rears!) and the originals in the trunk, including a SPARE set of Marchal covers. $400:flip: Too bad I blew the HG when the water pump let go.:hick:  Oh well, even with a rebuild it will be cheap.

All the other in my lawn

Reply #3
Here's all my other junk.:hick:

Layla and friends!

Reply #4
nice dude...beautifull cars. even the junk looks like it has hope...lol
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Layla and friends!

Reply #5
The Shadow Blue TC was side-swiped by a truck and has no chance. The Code 33 Silver-Blue TC is going to be the race car someday, the silver one runs and drives but I sold it to a member on this board from New York, the Coug runs and drives, though I am pulling the 5.0/AOD/wiring for my step-dad's 66 Bronco. I want to put in a stick with a DOHC 4.6 and make a SCCA Trans Am Bud Moore Cougar copycat.

Layla and friends!

Reply #6
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports
I want to put in a stick with a DOHC 4.6 and make a SCCA Trans Am Bud Moore Cougar copycat.

That sounds awesome.
Nice cars
:D

Layla and friends!

Reply #7
Never seen that intake before (on the 83). Is it stock? Nice clean TC's you got there. I'm hoping to get SHO as well. ^^
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Layla and friends!

Reply #8
Thats the stock intake for the 83-84, the inline
It's Gumby's fault.

Layla and friends!

Reply #9
Nice flock ya got there... I'm kinda partal to the white one the GF owns(yea, I wonder why)..

Back in June I had six, have since thinned down to just the three in my sig(but there still a total of seven vehicles on the premises)...

Layla and friends!

Reply #10
im so with ya on the 4.6 DOHC modular swap!!!:headbang:

unfortunately, i dont think mines gonna be an 03-04 terminator engine like i wanted. i just cant seem to find one in my price range, or what i think is reasonable. should have jumped on one before the 05 came out because they seemed to push the price up somewhat. rumor has it you cant get any of the 4.6 DOHC crate engines from ford anymore, other than the cammer. 14k....thats just sick though. i dont know why everyone thinks im so retarded for being so interested in such a swap....

~John~

Layla and friends!

Reply #11
yup and that sucker would be me! im gettin the silver bird plus im moving to washington state next to mike.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Layla and friends!

Reply #12
Cougar8775 will be my ne parts biotch! :hick: I'm way into the DOHC swap, but it HAS to be a 03/04 Term motor to make it right, I mean the sucker's going to be red and gold with huge #16 roundals on the side! That's why it's a "back burner" project. I almost bought a 96 SOHC for CHEAP last week, I'm still thinkin about it as an "interm" motor.

Layla and friends!

Reply #13
so whos gonna be the parts bioch:flip: :D
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Layla and friends!

Reply #14
yeah...ive ben hunting down 03-04s for a long time now. they seem to be going for around 7k on average. im just not reaty too pull the trigger on one with that kind of quan involved. so im starting to buck up and realize its likely going to be a NA setup untill all the bugs are worked out. once i know ive got something working ill be much more likely to goboosted. the terminator engines are nice, but id realy rather stay with an aluminum block. those are heavier than a 5.0 as it is. the 03-04 cobra block is basically a cnc worked mustang GT block. id rather take the 7k and put it towards a forged inturnal teksid block. big bucks though...

i had even considered a mark viii engine, wich are basically a 96-98 cobra engine other than a minor change in cam profile and intakes. all the mark viiis use a 6 bolt crank as well. in order to use a stick with that you have to use a GT flywheel. the mark viii engine should be good emough for a year or 2. so much cheeper than the cobra engines as well. if ya pop one, its easy and cheep too replace. it realy depends on how much money i still have saved or left over from prepping the car for the 4.6.....im hoping to be rolling with a modular dohc 4.6 my march, may at the latest....i realy want to drive the car this summer instead of staring at it collecting dust all summer.

if you go with it keep us posted! id love too see it done....

~John~