Skip to main content
Topic: Someone tell me why i own a t-bird (Read 1653 times) previous topic - next topic

Someone tell me why i own a t-bird

Please,

over the last 2 days it has

#1 ran over me cause it jumped into gear on its own

#2 caught fire

#3 ran badly

#4 lost brakes due to an ejected brake pad

#5 gotton a new coat of black primer and got messed up cause gas came out the filler neck

#6 the new alternator quit charging while we were on our way home

#7  the battery went dead cause the above while in traffic

#8 electric  water pump drives and fans blow when the alt doesnt charge

#9 everytime i get were i trust the car to drive it breaks down repeatily

please give me a reason not to burn this car in the a.m :mad:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #1
becuase the same reason i do its fun to drive when its running right and there is nothing on ther road today that even comes close to the looks. and all car suck......i just tell myself that over and over so im not thinking about running into a wall myself

Reply #2
Quote from: 88SptCoupe
becuase the same reason i do its fun to drive when its running right and there is nothing on ther road today that even comes close to the looks. and all car suck......i just tell myself that over and over so im not thinking about running into a wall myself

sad thing was we drove it everywere today with not one problem.

till we were in traffic on the way home then i guess thats when the alt self destructed

I just need to vent some
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #3
so vent i been drinking i will listen...hey atleast you cant seen the left side of your engine is running rich when the right side is running fine:D

Reply #4
by all means vent because we all need to at one point in our life. some more than others.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #5
did i mention this will be the 3rd alt in 3 weeks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
Reasons not to burn or get rid of the car.
1. It's fun to drive when it runs right.
2. You know you'll get it right eventually.
3. You will feel great about yourself when you get it right.
4. You know it will kick serious ass when you get it done.
5. The more you fix, the less chance of it breaking again.
6. If you sell it, you won't get anything near what you put into it.
7. You'll regret it if you dump it.

Believe me, I've had some issues with my car and still do. It's left me stranded on numerous occasions and I would spend every penny I had to try make it better only for it to break again. Back in January it spent just about as much time on a rollback as it did driving. I've been struggling with it for over a year and am finally getting it to run how I want. It's been a long struggle but as I jump in it now, I love it more than I did the day I bought it. There were several times I wanted to leave it at the end of the driveway with a FS sign. But now, nearly everything has been replaced so it's almost like a new car. I'm emotionally attached so it's not going anywhere... no matter how mad I get at it.

We all have problems with these things. Just try to be patient, but it's good to get mad and walk away for a while. You'll be alright.

Reply #7
 man unhook your subs;) i dont know but maybe you just need a bigger one seems like your running alot off it

Reply #8
man unhook your subs;) i dont know but maybe you just need a bigger one seems like your running alot off it

running a 100 amp gm 1 wire

all it runs is the

waterpump

fuel pump

fan

car has no radio,or other add ons
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #9
get away from the 1 wire alternator.  I've heard both sides to them burning themselfs up and I'm leaning with the regulator problems.  They are not good alternators. just hook up the 2.3 alternator.  It shouldn't be very hard.
One 88

Reply #10
Quote from: CougarSE
get away from the 1 wire alternator.  I've heard both sides to them burning themselfs up and I'm leaning with the regulator problems.  They are not good alternators. just hook up the 2.3 alternator.  It shouldn't be very hard.

it just wont charge with the ford alternator.maybe a harness problem ? dunno

i have ran the gm alt's for years with no problems till this car:nono:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #11
i hear yah man... in the last week or so since i bought my car i had to change the gas tank due to a leaking gas tank... then the pump in the new tank died a couple days later. just put in a new pump and now i have another f'n leak! so i'll be dropping the tank again to find this leak and fix it hopefully for the last time.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #12
it all comes down to the fact that if they werent worth it we wouldnt be here, tho if you really think about it they never really sold very good so maybe we are all just nuts for loving them.

Reply #13
maybe it runs funny and all that stuff cause YOU put the engine in the car. No j/k man.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #14
it all comes down to the fact that if they werent worth it we wouldnt be here, tho if you really think about it they never really sold very good so maybe we are all just nuts for loving them.

i swear this place kicks azz:bowdown:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]