Skip to main content
Topic: Someone tell me why i own a t-bird (Read 1654 times) previous topic - next topic

Someone tell me why i own a t-bird

Reply #15
because it makes your dick feel big

with your alternator, try running a ground wire from the alternator mounting bolt, and run it to the same place you have the battery grounded to on the block, most problems ive seen with the GM 1-wire is they they arnt grounded very well through the block, the brackets, the bolts, etc

also, what guage wire are you running to the battery/selenoid? if its the only wire, id run at least an 8 guage wire

if it doesnt work...cant hurt to have another nice ground wire
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #16
Quote from: Tbird232ci
because it makes your dick feel big

with your alternator, try running a ground wire from the alternator mounting bolt, and run it to the same place you have the battery grounded to on the block, most problems ive seen with the GM 1-wire is they they arnt grounded very well through the block, the brackets, the bolts, etc

also, what guage wire are you running to the battery/selenoid? if its the only wire, id run at least an 8 guage wire

if it doesnt work...cant hurt to have another nice ground wire

has a 4 gauge charge wire.  4 gauge ground to chassis from alternator bolt. 

i hope it was just a fluke alternator guess we will see i am fixing to go for a ride:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #17
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87
please give me a reason not to burn this car in the a.m :mad:

Because of the other 10% of the time. :) That's why I haven't burned mine yet. It's too much fun when it works.

Reply #18
hey atleast you cant seen the left side of your engine is running rich when the right side is running fine

Have you checked/changed your 02 sensors (both) ?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #19
i think that ford is trying to reject that gm alt.you know,gettin sick and going ralph.

Reply #20
Quote from: Paul Flockhart
Have you checked/changed your 02 sensors (both) ?

no im a moron and didnt listen to what turbocoupe50 told me i needed to do with my computer when i got it so i need to run a ground wire to the #44 pin so it reads the left o2 well atleast thats what im hoping is wrong with it. it has new o2's in it tho

Reply #21
Try not to let it get you down too much. Since I bought my 5.0 I think I've gone through at least seven alts. At the moment I'm using the 130A Ford Racing one, and it seems to be charging (at least, the voltmeter I installed says it is). The battery still dies if I let the car sit for more than a week, though. A few months ago I finally went to http://www.affordable-solar.com and bought a UNI-Solar 11W flexible panel, a small charge controller, wiring, and a lighter plug adaptor, and that seems to be keeping the battery charged (though if I start it more than once in a day it still has trouble turning the engine over). The panel is small enough to sit on the rear deck. As the sun gets lower in the sky hopefully it will still keep it charged. 11W translates to almost an amp of current under ideal conditions, but in the winter it will be a lot less (though I can angle the panel up to meet the sun, which I need to do soon).

(No I don't drive my T-Bird every day...my Explorer is simply more reliable :( )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade