Skip to main content
Topic: '84 Cougar LS Parts for Sale (Read 1319 times) previous topic - next topic

'84 Cougar LS Parts for Sale

Hey all,
I've alluded to some of these parts being available in other threads but haven't actually put them here yet.  I hope I can remember all of them from memory, so here goes (most are from my '84 LS Cougar):

1) LS beige cloth seats (front buckets and rear), excellent condition, power driver's side
2) LS beige door panels with cloth insert (to match seats)
3) beige full-length floor console
4) LS beige lower rear side panels (also with cloth insert to match seats)
5) beige upper rear side panels with courtesy lamps
6) brown dash pad (cracked but not bad)
7) electronic AM/FM cassette unit (car has Premium Sound, if you want the amp, I'll throw it in too)
8) beige front lower kick panels
9) door sill plates
10) beige door surround panels
11) beige visors w/ mirrors and lights (driver's side has some burn marks in it)
12) base '84 instrument cluster (such as it is, shows 114k?)
13) base climate controls
14) electroluminiscent Cougar emblems (somebody will have to tell me how to remove them without damaging them)
15) beige rear deck panel
16) power antenna
17) fuel tank with in-tank pump and auxiliary pump (I think that's what it is)
18) AOD tranny
19) power mirrors
20) TC rear swaybar (not original to this car, but I bought it and never installed it)

Unless otherwise stated, assume that each item is in very good condition and/or works properly.  This is basically a complete car that I'm disassembling to rebuild my '83 LS.  If I left out anything obvious from the interior or anywhere else, just ask me about it.  I'm keeping the front fenders, header panel and bumper cover, rear bumper cover, and taillights.  I don't honestly know what to ask for each item; we can discuss that when you let me know what you want and what you may have to trade.  Obviously some of these parts would need to be picked up (tranny, fuel tank, seats) so keep that in mind.  Please let me know what you're looking for.  Thanks.

Fordman3

Re: '84 Cougar LS Parts for Sale

Reply #1
Do you know if the power antenna will fit my 87 Cat? Is it chrome, and in good condition? How much?

Reply #2
Quote from: fordman3
5) beige upper rear side panels with courtesy lamps14) electroluminiscent Cougar emblems (somebody will have to tell me how to remove them without damaging them)
16) power antenna

Would you include the courtesy lamps? Ill find a way to get the emblems off. The antenna should fit my 84 GS just fine.

How much for all of those?Do you have the headlight buckets??
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #3
somebody will have to tell me how to remove them without damaging them

I'm pretty sure you have to get at them from the back. There should be 2 posts that have metal nut like things on them.

Reply #4
Hey guys,
I actually wrote a reply a few days ago before leaving town, which for whatever reason somehow did not post, so I'm sorry for the very delayed response.

87 3.8 Cat,
I actually have 2 antennas to choose from.  One is actually from an '87 T-bird Sport and one is from the '84 Cougar.  As far as I know the Bird antenna works, but when I removed it from the car I had to cut the power wiring and the antenna cable after pulling them as far out of the car as possible.  The power wiring should be no problem to splice; I don't know if antenna cable can be spliced or if you could just use a whole new cable.  The Cougar antenna hasn't been removed from the car yet, and maybe I won't have to disconnect it the same way.  Since you replied first, I'll give you first choice of which one you'd like.  How does $15 plus shipping sound?

cougrrr302,
I can sell you the other antenna (see comments above), the upper rear panels with lights, and the electro lamps.  How does $80 plus shipping sound?  I've heard that the electro lamps are kinda rare.  I'd guess shipping to be around $20.  Let me know if that sounds fair.  You also asked about the headlight buckets: I have to keep them for my other project car.  Sorry. 

If there are any other parts that anybody else is interested in, please let me know.  Again, most of these parts are in better than average condition for their age.  The seats especially are very nice.  Thanks again.

Oh, both antennas are chrome (I think somebody asked about that).

Fordman3

Reply #5
where are you located? how mutch for just the gas tank? is it rust free? leak free? and how many gallons does it hold? my zip is 14020 if you can come up with a shipping cost for me. thanx

Reply #6
You said 80 total for everything? Then you have a deal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #7
cougrrr302,
Actually, if I'm understanding your question, the total with shipping would be $100.  I may not have stated that very well.  It would be $80 + $20 for shipping.  I hope that doesn't change your mind.  Let me know, and thanks again for the interest.

Fordman3

Reply #8
Oh hell yeah just tell me how to pay and everything else.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #9
I found an antanae, go ahead and let it go. I appreciate it though.

Dave

Reply #10
87 3.8 Cat,
Thanks for letting me know.  I still got lots of other parts left if you think of anything else.

cougrrr302,
Not to keep asking dumb questions, but just so I'm sure we are both calling the same part by the same name: the rear panels with courtesy lights you are requesting, are you thinking of the interior plastic panels or the outer sheetmetal quarters?  What I'm selling are the plastic interior panels with the courtesy lamps, AND the electro Cougar emblems off of the exterior.  Is that what you were thinking?  If so, let me know and I'll PM you with my address and if you could send me a Money Order and I'll get everything on the way.  Again, sorry for my perceived confusion.  I just want you to be happy with the deal.

Lostbrew,
Man, I have no idea how I would ship the tank.  I'm in east central Illinois, geographically speaking.  I don't know what an empty tank even weighs, and I'm also not sure how to completely empty it without removing the pump housing from the tank, which I'm afraid could cause some damage from stories I've heard.  If it wasn't totally empty, I doubt anybody would ship it even with a drop of gas in it.  I think it is a 22-gallon, but I really don't know.  I've seen several different sizes in brochures and literature.  It's at least a 20.  It's in pretty good shape as I can remember.  It's still attached under the car right now.  If we could overcome the other issues, I'm afraid the weight and physical size would make the shipping outrageous.  Let me know if you just REALLY still want it, and maybe we can figure something out.

Fordman3

Reply #11
Yep that would be correct and you know what antenna im talking about so no confusion there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #12
well my tank is leaking slightly. and if i can help it not get a new tank just a used one and you are the first one on here i came across for it. last time i checked online the tank weighed bout 10 lbs and shipping was like 79-97 bucks.

Reply #13
Lostbrew,
You'd be willing to pay almost $100 for shipping?  Any ideas on how to empty it without just running the motor 'til it dies?  Do these tanks have drain plugs?  I'm just afraid of there being any trace of gas still in it.  And, especially now that gas prices are out of sight, I hate to just run the motor 'til it's gone.  The car really isn't driveable right now.  It runs good, but has a coolant leak from somewhere when it gets warmed up.  I don't want to damage the motor any more than it already is, 'cause I may end up keeping it or selling it to a friend.  Give me any advice you have and we'll keep the ball rolling.  I sure wish you lived closer.  Keep in touch.

Fordman3

Reply #14
have you tried to run a hose down the spout and syphon the gas from the tank? that would be my first thing to try I dont know if there is a screen in there to keep you from getting a hose in there.  give it a try