Skip to main content
Topic: '84 Cougar LS Parts for Sale (Read 1318 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: '84 Cougar LS Parts for Sale

Reply #15
take the tank out and put the hose down where the fil;ler neck is and just drain it through the hose. make sure what you drain it ino sits lower than the tank.

Reply #16
Hey all,
Just thought I'd bring this back to the top for a little bit and see if anybody else saw anything they liked. 

Lostbrew,
I haven't forgot about you and the fuel tank.  I haven't spent much time on the car in the last few weeks, and definitely haven't been under it to drop the tank.  I'm waiting for the temp to drop a little bit.  I'm still willing to try it if you are.  Just bear with me a little while longer.  Thanks.

Fordman3

Reply #17
yeah i am and also when i get the tc from washington state ill be working more on my cougar since i can teak it apart and let it sit if i need to

Reply #18
Hey everyone,
Hope you don't mind me bringing this to the top again.  Still gots lots of parts left.  Let me know.

Fordman3

'84 Cougar LS Parts for Sale

Reply #19
Bump!  Still got most of these parts if anybody's interested.  I think I've changed my mind about selling the tranny or the gas tank.  Sorry!  Most everything else is good to go.

Fordman3

Reply #20
14) electroluminiscent Cougar emblems

I am interested in these with shipping to 48843. Thanks, Herb:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #21
cougarman,
Man, the one item you picked out would have to be one of the few that's spoken for.  Cougrrr302 requested them and a few other interior pieces just after I posted the original message.  I told him I'd hold them for a while, and he just recently said he had the money ready to go.  After another week or two I'll let you know if they're still here, and if so, I'll sell them to you.  You know that to put them in a car that didn't come with them, you have to punch a hole about 1/2" to 3/4" in either C-pillar, don't you?  Just thought I'd tell you that, but you probably already knew.  Anything else look interesting?

Fordman3

Reply #22
no problem. :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #23
when i was living with my fiancee and posting under her name lostbrew. i asked bout the gas tank ya still got it?
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #24
Do you have the front passenger side trim with a light cut out. The one that goes on the fender between the wheel and bumper cover. If so how much.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #25
Cougar8775,
I'd almost decided not to mess with the tank because I honestly don't know how I'll get crated and transported.  Maybe Greyhound would take it, and they're pretty reasonable.  I have no idea how much to assume for shipping (if anybody else has ever shipped a tank, throw me a figure).  Did I ever give you a price?  I have no idea what it's worth either.  Is $75 unreasonable, not including shipping?  That would help me cover whatever crating and transportation it will take to get it to a trucking terminal or bus station.  Let me know.

ipsd,
I actually do have that piece you're looking for.  How does $25 sound, S/H included?

I've still got several interior parts (seats, plastic panels, door panels, full length console, gauge cluster, ventilation controls), all in average to good condition.  It's really killing me to take this car apart to sacrifice it for the other car I intend to keep and fix up, but it's gotta be done.  Again, please check out the list again and see if anything strikes you.  The electro lamp/emblems are spoken for, as are the upper rear interior panels with the courtesy lamps.  Other than that, it's all still here.  I would really like to find an '88 XR7 rear axle assembly with drum brakes and limited slip to go in my '83 LS.  I think they all came in 3.08, but if not, that's what I would like.  Let's talk.

Fordman3