Skip to main content
Topic: Holy Fugly...! (Read 1918 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Holy Fugly...!

Reply #15
ThunderChicken, Ford F150 sales for July set the record for autosales..

"Ford dealers delivered 126,905 F-Series trucks to U.S. customers in July - the highest monthly sales for any vehicle in modern-day U.S. automotive history. It is believed to be the highest monthly sales for any vehicle since Ford's Model T cruised America's roads in the 1920s, he added."

I cant speak for the rest of Ford's line up, because basically Im not too impressed with anything else other than maybe the mustang.

Back on topic, the GTO has been a failure. GM should tuck its tail and run based on the results of this project. And anything that has 350hp and cant get out of the 14's with a vehicle that small deserves to be canned. They need to bring back the Fbody and be done with it.
1988 Tbird Stock bottom end 306, Windsor Jr's, Explorer intake, 125 shot.
Best ET: 12.11 Best MPH: 113.8 1/4 mile

Reply #16
One thing I can say for this GTO, at least I think it isn't a re-badged Holden as the current ones are.  The design isn't all that bad, still looks like some mutation of a grand prix/grand am.  The front end of the car is just too busy, though.  Hood scoops, the holes in the fender behind the front wheels.

If you wanna talk about Chrysler, what do y'all think of the new "Charger"?  Aside from using the Charger name on a 4-door I love it.  The '06 model will be available with a 6.1L 425 horse version of the "hemi".  If I was in the market for a new, larger car, I'd give this one a serious look.

Reply #17
GTO looks like the concept they came up with in the 90's
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #18
Just another GM product I won't buy. Axe Saturn and Buick, bring back Olds, and do a real f'n 442.. and maybe I'll think about buying GM someday. But I'm just a "L*O*S*E*R" like that..

Reply #19
Maybe it is because i cant buy a new car or the newer cars are looking seriously ugly...naaa, i dont like this !

Seriously though, when i saw the GTO , i said "oh man, the designers were fired from chrysler...."

And besides the Convertible, i prefer larger boats than kayak´s....
(no ofense)
1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

Reply #20
Wow that looks awful. I thought the 05 mustang looked like shiznit.NO offense to those who like it. But i love the 60s stangs. The new one dont cut it. When they redo all of these cars they look like ass. They need to keep more of the retro features. Im sorry but these newer version suck big time.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #21
The GTO as it is right now is a rather plain automobile.  It doesn't stir up the soul, but it don't offend neither.  That concept is a hideous re-hash that went in the wrong direction.  BTW I happen to LIKE the Mustang (maybe I am biased) as well as the 300 and the Magnum.  The jury's still out on the Charger.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #22
I'm a GM guy, and even I can see through the fog enough to know that is bloody ugly. There's nothing wrong with a GTO, or even the way the current one runs, but they keep missing the mark on the exterior. It looks better as a Lumina.

Reply #23
Would you listen to us griping about styling. While having a cool lookin car is important let us not forget that these new cars have some seriously high performance.  Everyone thinks (and rightly so) of the 60's as the pinnacle of american muscle...but from what I've seen going on lately I'm wondering if its not all being reborn.  So many new cars are performance oriented and with Chrysler going back to RWD it really gives me hope that things will get even better.  But of course you have to keep that gas price issue in mind too.  I'd love to see a new Challenger to go against Mustang/GTO etc.  The more the merrier.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #24
Did any of you read the article?  The first sentence says, "What you see in this illustration is a fairly close rendition of what we can expect when the next-generation Pontiac GTO hits the market in 2008."

That is not what the car is going to look like.  Some dude at Autoweek saw a blurry spy photo and photoshopped the "new" GTO.

I'm just glad to see the RWD V8 2-door coupe getting some attention finally after being neglected by the Big Three for so long.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #25
Quote from: jkirchman
.I'm just glad to see the RWD V8 2-door coupe getting some attention finally after being neglected by the Big Three for so long.

Too bad the big three goes as follows
GM
Toyota
Ford

Reply #26
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
As for GM, I have heard so many conflicting rumours about the next Camaro/GTO/RWD anything that I won't believe any of them...All I know is that if there is a new Camaro you can bet your ass it will be as good as the Mustang - it has to be.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102918

Not a groundbreaking revelation, but my point is, they are at least talking about it officially at Chevrolet/GM. That's more than we can say about a certain car hopefully returning at Mercury. ;)