Skip to main content
Topic: Holy Fugly...! (Read 1919 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Holy Fugly...!

Reply #1
Yuk!

It look like a Celica with a BMW headlight and a coming out of nowhere nose...
This thing is awefull....
and they want to make a suicice, 4 door version and without rear handle... I'm not too excited about that...

I hope they do something Bad ass with Next Cougar... :D

Reply #2
Why are they even farting around... just get rid of it! :yuck: Surely the F-Body wasn't THAT bad of a car. Gross City!
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #3
wow, that design should get someone fired!

Reply #4
Anyone see in the new Motor Trend the article about there being a new Dodge Challenger.  Its supposed to be based on the same platform as the Charger/300 except 2 door.  Obviously it will have a hemi.  GM needs to do something because Chrysler and Ford are getting the message...
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #5
Kinda reminds mo of a Mitsu Galant in the front end.

wow, that design should get someone fired!

I agree!!

Reply #6
Anyone see in the new Motor Trend the article about there being a new Dodge Challenger. Its supposed to be based on the same platform as the Charger/300 except 2 door. Obviously it will have a hemi. GM needs to do something because Chrysler and Ford are getting the message...

Yeah...that's because Chrysler got caught with their pants down. Remember late last year, when they said that after the 2005 models there will be no more coupes from Chrysler? Then the new Mustang came along...and Chrysler saw the Mustang's sales numbers...and they did an about-face...and now they're playing catch-up. Chrysler was basking so much in the glow of the 300C that they didn't bother to look over their shoulder at the Mustang coming right at them--and blowing their doors away. They may have innovated with RWD 4-door cars, but they never even considered a RWD 2-door until the Mustang was out. Funny thing is, by the time the Challenger comes out, Mustang sales will have leveled off, this new GTO thing might also be out, and the Challenger will definitely have a rough time in that narrow market competing against them (and hey, maybe a new Cougar thrown in there too, ya never know).

Personally, I think the Camaro rumors are too strong this time...there may be some truth to them. GM would be much better off axing the GTO and the SSR, and concentrating on a new Camaro. Funny how things look like the 1960's all over again. ;)

Reply #7
that is one ugly ugly car.. I keep looking at it, and thinking it can't be as bad as i thought.. then i look at it agian, and i am like "WOAH, that is ugly".

Reply #8
Quote from: slamedcat
Kinda reminds mo of a Mitsu Galant in the front end.

Heh, that's exactly what I was thinking when I looked at that pic. A Galant ripoff.

Leave it to pontiac...

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #10
When I first saw the topic of this thread I thought Eric had somehow dug up some of my old baby photos...

As for GM, I have heard so many conflicting rumours about the next Camaro/GTO/RWD anything that I won't believe any of them. I've read in all of the major car magazines (Motor Trend, Car and Driver, Road & Track, Automobile) that the GM RWD platform was dead because GM was broke and was funneling their money into trucks because their trucks are losing market share and that's where all of the profits are. I've also heard that there WILL be a Camaro replacement (but not Firebird). I've also read that if their is a new Camaro it will have to be built in Canada due to a promise that GM made the CAW when the St Therese plant closed. All I know is that if there is a new Camaro you can bet your ass it will be as good as the Mustang - it has to be. Ford had better not rest on their laurels.

I've also heard tha Ford has cancelled the Hurricane engine project. The current F150 is heavy and underpowered, so Ford decides to cancel the engine that may have eliminated at least one of those problems. The 500 has been a flop (at least around here, where I have seen just two on the road since their introduction). The Freestar, which is just a slightly restyled Windstar, has won no fans. The Crown Vic is about to have some serious (and very competent) competition from Dodge in the police market. The Focus is old, and Ford won't give us the new one already on sale in Euorope. The Ranger is absolutely ancient, and the replacement has just been pushed back to 2010 or so (meanwhile GM, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan and even Honda have ALL recently released all-new small trucks). The Escape has been neglected and thus surpassed by nearly all of its competitors (remeber when it first came out? 200 horses was big news then, but now everyone's in the 250 horse range, except Ford of course). The Expedition is spanked silly by the GM full size utes, and the Armmada and Landcruiser are vastly superior as well. The Explorer's numbers are slipping (as they will continue as fuel prices continue to rise). The only success story Ford has had is the Mustang (the F150 may still be number one but its numbers are slipping), and Mustangs alone will not keep Ford afloat. I would hardly say Ford has got its act together...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #11
It sucks really that they had to do such a half-azz job of styling that car. I drove an 05 and it was by far the most refined RWD GM car I have even been in. Handling, braking, interior quality are all not the typical GM fare. Great car, just uglier than sin.
Duckin' agents like we was trapped in da matrix!

Reply #12
I like it, actually. It seems to hark back to the '69 GTO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
As Far As A New Cougar There Was A Drawing In A Hot Rod Mag Some Time Ago That Showed A 2007 Cougar Based On The 69 Platform I Think It Also Had The Hideaway Lights This Article Told All The Diffrent Options That Would Be Availible .and Was Stamped For Approval From Ford,all I Have To Say Is Id Sell Every Thing And Leave My Wife To Own One Id Just Live In My Cat.....if Any One Has This Issue Let Me Know The Date So Ican Try To Find A Back Issue.....also Seen Plans For A New Ranchero Based 70's Platform And An Elcomino
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #14
The interesting thing is that they PAID people good money to come up with that. It's absolutely horrible. None of the styling matches to me. The front is completely different than the side and the rooflines with the windows all look like they don't belong. Those folks over at GM better do something because Ford is going to kill them. The Mustang's due for a minor facelift around '08 with a Bullitt edition(According to Motor Trend). It will still be cheaper and more appealing than GM's GTO. Who cares that the GTO has loads of power and handles extremely well. It's overpriced and not aesthetically pleasing.