Skip to main content
Topic: dash speakers (Read 2873 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: dash speakers

Reply #1
3-1/2" with a max depth of about 1-3/4"

anything else ;)
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #3
bought mine at best buy pioneer brand 80w max sound good. must re-drill mtg holes as t-bird are of set fromthe aftermarket version
Baylensman 97 XR7

Reply #4
I just mounted mine in the factory spot. They are rockford fosgate also from best buy.

Reply #5
Quote from: 88turbo
have any of them by chance?  :D

:giggle: yep infact i do. and not even useing them anymore ;)

i had these in my dash 

but you can buy them real cheap from here...
PYLE WAVE PLX32 3-1/2" COAX SPEAKER

these in my dash now
AUDAX AP100ZO 4" SHIELDED AEROGEL MIDBASS
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #7
Can somebody tell me how to get the dashboard off? I have a 84 thunderbird, I took out 6 screws from the dash but it still wont budge, do I have to remove the trim peices too? I just got some new 3 1/2 coaxials from kicker and Im tired of onl,y having rear speakers because my subs drown them out too much.

Reply #8
check out the coolcats write up on the heater cores. ALso I htink thtat there is one under the steering colum.(move above it)
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #9
Can somebody tell me how to get the dashboard off? I have a 84 thunderbird
That year you just remove the top pad, not the whole dash (I think).
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #10
should be:  a screw on each end on the outside of the dash, one or two on the top, and a few under the lip of the pad. then you have to pull it loose from the clips that is probably where you are thinking there are more screws just be gentle and dont try ripping it out or you will have problems,  I remember having the same problem on dads 83 TC.

Reply #11
Quote from: Tapester
y having rear speakers because my subs drown them out too much.

It just doesnt sound the same. All you'll hear is BOOMBOOM and very little highs. Trust me i faded mine and didnt realize it. its not the best sound.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit