Skip to main content
Topic: Replacing Intake, throttle body- questions? (Read 16948 times) previous topic - next topic

Replacing Intake, throttle body- questions?

Reply #120
lers are FlowMasters. A little noisy with the new motor.  I like the rims. No one has them. The BFG G Force 245-45-17 fit the rims perfect. If you find a place to buy the center caps let me know.
Quote from: gtbird;468156
Great job, love your wheel choice, when I did my 5 lug conversion 15 years ago, I picked up the same Cobra wheels, mine are off a 97 also with the gray painted holes. Center caps are hard to remove without damaging them and finding used spares undamaged is also hard to do. Are your lers MAC brand? They look like mine.
1987 Turbo Coupe, 306, Trick Flow Track Heat heads, Comp Cam, Trick Flow Pistons, Eagle Rods, Center Force clutch, T-5, 8.8 w/373 gears, and a bunch more

Reply #121
I’ve picked a couple up on eBay and swap meets but they seem to be scarce.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.
Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
2021 Chevrolet 3500 dually, crew cab Duramax.

Reply #122
Scarce is the word. I look at ebay when I have time but only find one at a time.
1987 Turbo Coupe, 306, Trick Flow Track Heat heads, Comp Cam, Trick Flow Pistons, Eagle Rods, Center Force clutch, T-5, 8.8 w/373 gears, and a bunch more

Reply #123
I agree on the wheel choice. Something about those wheels Just seems to “fit”. Different for our cars yet that factory look... if that makes sense? Lol
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #124
Very nice!!! Keep up the good work. I'm interested in the dyno numbers. I'm going to have mine on the dyno as well after the cam swap.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #125
I'm going to take it easy for the first 500 miles then I'll take it to the dyno. I was quoted $800 and don't know what that includes. I want them to write a chip I can use with my A9L. I'll post the dyno sheet before and after tuning. I've been driving it and shifting at 3000-3500. I'm not into the cam yet. The way it lifts off a dead stop is pretty impressive.
Quote from: vinnietbird;468163
Very nice!!! Keep up the good work. I'm interested in the dyno numbers. I'm going to have mine on the dyno as well after the cam swap.

Reply #126
Just found a new center cap on ebay last night so I bought it- $17. I have placed other rims next to the car but none look as good. I need a wider tire on the rear but have to check a couple of shops on what needs to be done. Tires have to fit inside the fenders.
Quote from: ISTLCRUZ;468162
I agree on the wheel choice. Something about those wheels Just seems to “fit”. Different for our cars yet that factory look... if that makes sense? Lol

Reply #127
Found these center caps online: https://www.hubcapzone.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=3173wc&Category_Code=h
https://www.hubcaps.org/options/frdc124options.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.

Reply #128
Thanks for the help. I've bookmarked both sites.  I have the one coming from ebay. The part number is F2DZ1130B. I'll get one of mine off and see what I have for a part number. Did they make these for other vehicles?

Reply #129
Tommy, here’s a picture from one of my spare center caps.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #130
Thanks Rick. Copied your picture. Did they make these for a bunch of cars under different part numbers?
Quote from: gtbird;468174
Tommy, here’s a picture from one of my spare center caps.

Reply #131
I believe they were on 94 to 97 Cobras the holes were not painted the first couple of years as far as I know/seen, the holes were just the same finish as the face of the wheel.
Found reconditioned wheels here: https://www.wheelsandcaps.com/p-21502-aluminum-alloy-wheel-rim-17x8-3173.aspx
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #132
I'm doing the same thing or very close. E7TE heads, explorer upper and lower intake, 70mm throttle body. Pulling engine today. Geeze Louise. Thanks

Reply #133
What year car are you working with.
Quote from: Dizzy;468257
I'm doing the same thing or very close. E7TE heads, explorer upper and lower intake, 70mm throttle body. Pulling engine today. Geeze Louise. Thanks

Reply #134
Quote from: tommym;468167
I'm going to take it easy for the first 500 miles then I'll take it to the dyno. I was quoted $800 and don't know what that includes. I want them to write a chip I can use with my A9L. I'll post the dyno sheet before and after tuning. I've been driving it and shifting at 3000-3500. I'm not into the cam yet. The way it lifts off a dead stop is pretty impressive.

Wind it out to 6000 on the highway. That's where it gets fun. I find highway pulls from 50-75 in my car more fun than burning tires.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.