Skip to main content
Topic: I may look into making some poly motor mounts for the 86-88 3.8/5.0's.... (Read 13482 times) previous topic - next topic

I may look into making some poly motor mounts for the 86-88 3.8/5.0's....

Reply #75
Now I guess the next important question would be, should I wait until after the holidays to do a batch?

I was thinking about possibly doing a small run next month (like 10 sets).
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #76
Quote from: Chuck W
Now I guess the next important question would be, should I wait until after the holidays to do a batch?

I was thinking about possibly doing a small run next month (like 10 sets).

Next month???? PM me your number, I would like to pay you in advance if thats cool.
 Thanks,
  Chris

Reply #77
I want to give Herb a little time with them first before I think about it.  What I'm going to do though when I do it is order stuff for a specific amount, and that will be it for that batch.  I'm not going to do these massive batches like I did on my last run (65+ sets)...it takes too long and the logistics are hell.  I'll know more in a couple weeks on what I'm doing and really don't want to take any money until then.  PM or email me Chris if you have some more ?'s

Reply #78
Well I got the mounts installed today, everything seems fine so far. The 20th does shift smoother up and down now, possibly due to the broken stock mounts. As seen below, a good reason to use Chuck's mounts.:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #79
Remember, now... DON'T throw those brackets away.
They're a bitch to find for those wanting to stay with stock mounts.
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #80
Quote from: MasterBlaster
Remember, now... DON'T throw those brackets away.
They're a bitch to find for those wanting to stay with stock mounts.

Don't worry, brackets aren't going anywhere.:D Pretty sure "someone";)  is very interested in them.:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #81
Quote from: cougarman
Well I got the mounts installed today, everything seems fine so far. The 20th does shift smoother up and down now, possibly due to the broken stock mounts. As seen below, a good reason to use Chuck's mounts.:D

So, tell us about the NVH is with the new mounts! It's really my only concern...
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #82
I didn't notice any harshness at all, seem to be smooth as stock.:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #83
Sweet, I am going to be needing a set here soon.Things are going better then I thought.
 The old stock mounts look similar to the 5.0 MN12 mounts, if so I have a set of those I could use in the time being.
 Thanks,
  Chris

Reply #84
So, would folks rather I held off until after the holidays to run a small batch of these mounts or what?

Reply #85
Anytime you are ready is fine by me...

I'll be pullin' the engine in the early spring, would install them then...

Reply #86
Count me in for a set! You say when and the money is on the way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]http://www.fquick.com/slicksport88
88 Sport - 5.0HO, Mass Air, A9L, 73mm C&L meter, BBK CAI, 255 lph pump, 1.7 roller rockers,Professional Products damper, Chuck W motor mounts, BBK shorties & H-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, 8.8 rear w/3.27's, 93 Cobra M/C, BAER 13in. drilled/slotted rotors front and back, cobra calipers, Russell braided brake lines front & back, C/C plates, 03cobra rims, 255/40/17 Nitto 555's all around

Reply #87
Quote from: Chuck W
So, would folks rather I held off until after the holidays to run a small batch of these mounts or what?

I can wait now - haven't broken my mounts yet, but it won't be long with 500ft-lb of torque at the flywheel :flame:
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #88
After the holidays would work better for me. Definitely be getting another set!!:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #89
I'd be in for a set after the holidays. They look awesome.