Skip to main content
Topic: Megasquirt for the bird on the road to having her a turbocoupe again. (Read 13386 times) previous topic - next topic

Megasquirt for the bird on the road to having her a turbocoupe again.

Reply #45
Got new card. They were nice enough to send it next day so I can try to get bird running this weekend.
Fingers crossed
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #46
Got fuel done and leak tested. No idea on pressure. Never thought I'd have to special order gauge tried all local parts chain stores and 3 speed shops. Gonna try and dig out pressure test kit. Just to set and try start tomorrow. Some little things to button up vac line to map and connect o2 to ecu.  Played with ecu may start fingers crossed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #47
A little video of the bird running on megasquirt. Yea. 

Reply #48
Awesome dude!  With all the threads about cars getting hit, I'm not sure I want mine to leave the garage now though.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #49
I hear you loud and clear. Just left ins co with hagertey ins policy with 15 g's coverage. It hurt $650 a year. Big boy toys = big boy ins.

Reply #50
Went for a ride giggity giggity oh yeah.

Reply #51
Glad you got it running!
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #52
Nice. I wanted to run a carbed style efi intake with an elbow forever.

How's it drive? How's the tune?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #53
It's different that's for sure. Afrs are good. Was 108 in the garage and laptop kept ing out from heat. And 90 in the front seat and with it on the cushion and fan blocked it was doing the same over heating. So I've got no data logs to looks at. But seat of the pants its definitely not throttle responsive starts rough but 100 times better then the 4150 with no choke.

Reply #54
Quote from: Chuck W;449762
Glad you got it running!

Thanks. Me to. Glad I stuck with it. Friend of mine who I trust and is familiar with ms is coming over and give me tunning lessons.

Reply #55
Never got to tunning. Touched something and car would start then die and kill ecu.  It's weird car dies loses connectivity in tunerstudio and fuel pump stays grounded.
Dóing a wiggle test I pulled cap and wigled rotor and car ran fine. Happened again on road wiggled rotor and fine.
Can't log data need to get a battery for laptop.

Reply #56
Car is running and started tuning.

Reply #57
Going to try and resurrect factory tach. Found a half speed tach out setting. If I cant get it to work Jim has as set up that will.  Went out for a ride yesterday with no tach, it was weird kept looking at it.  Changed to an efi style coil was running a canister style and had some weird stuff with ignition hope it makes a difference? May be fuel related..\

Edit  going to try and have fun its a hobby.

Reply #58
Found some mis-wired injectors on mine, still won't run though, checking timing next. I have to take it slowly or I'll burn it to the ground in frustration.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #59
I thought mine was gonna burn a few times :flame:  Been out here for hours still no tach at any speed:punchballs: I can get aftermarket tach to work at half speed get nothing out of factory one. I have an evtm. I thought it was gonna be easy. NOOOOOOO not for Steve.
Need to pm Jim.