Skip to main content
Topic: Megasquirt for the bird on the road to having her a turbocoupe again. (Read 13387 times) previous topic - next topic

Megasquirt for the bird on the road to having her a turbocoupe again.

351w with professionals products hurricane intake with 4150 style throttle body. I built the ms2 and made some mistakes with that..
 Started the mods for the car gonna start wiring for ms and remote tfi.
Gonna hopefully  not bother Jim to much and get this running for the local 4th of july car show.
Ill post pics they fail the upload?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #1
I cant upload. and  I hate photobucket
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #2
I always take photos with my phone, upload them via the photo bucket app and the just copy and paste the link to wherever I want them.
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout:

Reply #3
Does anyone use the forum uploader?

Reply #4
yoh have to really, really dial down the file size and resolution to upload through the forums. Its been about 5 years since I've used it, but i generally had to resize my pics to 640x480 or so to get them to upload. They need to be less then 1mb in size.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #5
OK, so I tried checking out your MS problem thread, and I can't quite determine what the issue is.

Are you seeing any RPM in TunerStudio when you try and crank the car? (Or are you that far yet?)
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #6
Only on stim on tunerstudio it all looks good as far as i can see. I have rpm and all gauges. I have no output lights on stim.

Reply #7
So, no Inj lights? I haven't used a Jim Stim, so I'm not fully familiar with it.

How is your IGN configured? TFI?

One thing to check (even though I'm not sure if it matters while running on the stim), did you calibrate the TPS? What is the "Flood Clear Raw" value set at? I chased around a no output issue for a week, which turned out to be that the Flood Clear value was set too low, and thus the MS thought that the pedal had been mashed before start, and the injectors were shut off. Again, I don't *think* this matters on the stim, but worth a look.

Reply #8
Ill look tonight  worth a look. In tunerstudio I can see pulse width and injector duty cycle but I would still check the flood clear Thanks

Reply #9
Yes in ignition tfi

Reply #10
Well, I built the MS in the Tbird so long ago, I don't recall all the configuration for the TFI set-up. My most recent MS build/install was in the '80 Volvo, and that's where I had the no start issue. I would see crank RPM's but the injectors wouldn't fire. The ECU checked out, but like you, I couldn't get the INJ LEDs to light on the stim, even though all the wiring and components checked out.

Initially, I thought I had an issue with my Hall Sensor in the dist, or the circuit on the board.

I felt like an idiot when I found the issue.

Reply #11
I feel like an idiot now so I must be close. :hick:

Reply #12
I'll look again for the flood clear I couldn't find it earlier. I was stealing time. Getting frustrated walked away. When everyone's asleep I'll go look again I know I've seen the setting.

Reply #13
Ive flashed and reflashed different  firmware and had mixed results. May put carb back on and drive it.

Reply #14
Send me your .msq file and I will look it over.