Skip to main content
Topic: My new 4 eye Turbo (Read 6797 times) previous topic - next topic

My new 4 eye Turbo

I've had the itch for another fox body now for almost 6 mos.    I don't need one, but I do so love these cars.    One night, during one of my usual time wasting web cruise's, it all paid off when I found this car.    My wife and I drove 250 miles to go look at it.  I immediately knew it was meant to be.  It truly spoke to me like no other and I've looked at quite a few.  I wanted it.  Wife wasn't totally convinced but I was.  I am the second owner now of this beauty.  As I understand the story, the original owner of the car had stopped driving it as a regular driver, but even then not so regular, sometime in the early 90's.  Used it only for weekend fun so to speak until 2003 or 4 I believe, then it became a garage queen only being driven to go back and forth between the home garage and the winter storage garage till this morning when I loaded it up on my trailer.  Literally everything works except the AC, a relative easy fix, and the drivers window which is trying to work just won't go down all the way.  It seems to get stuck going down then needs help going up.  Both will be an easy fix.  It has never in its life seen a snow flake, that he could remember, and never will.  I hope you enjoy the pics.  Everything you see with exception of the custom pin striping is as it was when he drove it off the lot.  I am truly excited about this one.  I smell a few car shows in my future.  Thanks for looking

John
XXX

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

My new 4 eye Turbo

Reply #1
More Pics
XXX

My new 4 eye Turbo

Reply #2
XXX

My new 4 eye Turbo

Reply #3
XXX

My new 4 eye Turbo

Reply #4
My Favorite Pics of all of them.  :birdsmily:
XXX

Thanks for looking.

My new 4 eye Turbo

Reply #5
W O W !!!!  That is a great find John. Im glad to see that one go to a good home. You definitely scored with that one. Enjoy the shows.  :cool:
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

My new 4 eye Turbo

Reply #6
That is awesome, and so 80's with the body kit and pinstriping. I'd love to find something like that
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

My new 4 eye Turbo

Reply #7
Impressively clean car! Very nice find and a big congrats!

I see that this car has a smooth inlet tube off of the turbo vs. a finned tube. Does your other '86 have a smooth or a finned tube?
Does it still have it's yellow build date stamp underhood?
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

My new 4 eye Turbo

Reply #8
Nice find.  I'm trying to remember who sold that body kit and grill, was it Kamei?

cheers
Ed
84 Mustang SVO
95 Jaguar XJR

My new 4 eye Turbo

Reply #9
Congrats on the new baby, a outstanding find...

My new 4 eye Turbo

Reply #11
As much as everyone likes the 87-88 bird/cougar....I think im more now than ever sold on the 4 eyes....just makes it an 80's car.

Travis

My new 4 eye Turbo

Reply #12
Nice score! It's an 80's time capsule.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

My new 4 eye Turbo

Reply #13
Wow Just wow

Very nice

My new 4 eye Turbo

Reply #14
Nice score!

Enjoy!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!