Skip to main content
Topic: Who wants this awesome 84 Thunderbird? (Read 2197 times) previous topic - next topic

Who wants this awesome 84 Thunderbird?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/ctd/4817607595.html
Awesome wheels on this "66K" mile car. Rust. What rust?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1
i dunno she looks kinda rusty to me....and its in chicago, so lots and lots of salt exposure
1986 Ford Thunderchicken, 5.0 AOD w/ Shift kit,  354,XXX miles. 1-Family owned. Original engine+trans.
8.8 Disc Rear w/ 3.73 Posi. CHE Control Arms. '04 Cobra brakes all around. 2000 Cobra R wheels. Tubular front LCA's. MM Steering Shaft. Unlocked Speedo, Lowering springs, Eibach sway bars front and rear. Ram air intake.

Reply #2
Don't let it get away...you need a justification for that tetb-hole shot you put up with last year!!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #3
Quote from: zondac12;443221
don't let it get away...you need a justification for that tetb-hole shot you put up with last year!!

lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #4
$1,222.00 down????

That's a 650 dollar car...before you haggle 'em down to 450. LOL.

Tell 'em because it's got big ole sections rusted out and gone that it's less car, so it's worth less. And 1994 called...wants the wheels back.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #5
EDITED: Apology made above, this post was cleaned up to reflect. Please keep the bigotry and religious opinions off this board.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #6
i thought this might help clear the way to understanding why its an issue....... https://lifeissweet16.wordpress.com/2010/08/20/jew-him-down/

Reply #7
You are absolutely correct David..my apologies. FWIW, it's not something I use with any great frequency...in fact, i honestly don't remember the last time I said the phrase verbally, maybe not ever. Not trying to make myself look for an easy out, off the hook, like, as I've got my own particular quirks about religion, belief, and not being judgmental of others' beliefs. So again, I'm sorry, and i will edit my post accordingly.

Thank you for the beatdown here...I had it coming.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #8
You know what?  You are a cool guy and gentleman, and i knew in my heart you meant nothing by it.  Its cultural and sometimes an expression has been kicked around so often, that the actual meaning is lost to time.  I figured as much.  No offense taken, thanks for owning it and just saying the right thing.  No more needs to be said about it.  I will share a very quick story though.  When i was in Film school in NYC, i became friendly with a really nice Chinese girl named Mary.  We were walking around Greenwich village on a nice summer night, and for some reason or another i used the word "oriental' in a sentence to describe asians as a group.  I really had no notion of that being offensive in any way, i had never heard that from someone prior.  She stopped me cold in the conversation and said that it was a very derogatory term to Asians and that Chinese or Asian american was preferable.  She was not mad, but i did learn that are many cultural sensitivities that one may not be aware of, especially if you have not been around a particular group of people. I tip my hat, and owe you a hug and beer one day.  (man hug with double pat of course) :-)

Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;443273
You are absolutely correct David..my apologies. FWIW, it's not something I use with any great frequency...in fact, i honestly don't remember the last time I said the phrase verbally, maybe not ever. Not trying to make myself look for an easy out, off the hook, like, as I've got my own particular quirks about religion, belief, and not being judgmental of others' beliefs. So again, I'm sorry, and i will edit my post accordingly.

Thank you for the beatdown here...I had it coming.

Reply #9
At the same time, Mel Brooks spent the 1980's making movies poking fun at his own religion/fellow members of the faith/however you want to define the jokes. Which had to have some sort of late-20th century cultural impact.
Hey, if you're gonna laugh at anything or anybody else, gotta be able to laugh at yourself too... :)

I've always wondered just how that particular stereotype arose. Orthodox Judaism represents a very stringent and dedicated adherence to the faith. Priority one. Hasidic Jews being a similar sect? Not sure on that one. But the way I see the world, the way I've experienced the world...it seems to be more and more that everything negative arises from jealously. And I'd be willing to bet that many traditionalist, highly dedicated, reverent Jewish people are also very financially successful because that dedication transcends every activity they put their mind to and they do their job, do it well, 'give the other fella hell'. Armchair quarterbacking rubberneckers see this and just connect the two qualities automatically

By no means am I trying to create an excuse to paint with a broad brush....but it's always pissed me off when people rag on ANYONE for being cheap/stingy/frugal over anything.
Cost should reigns supreme over any important decision. I am disgustingly cheap, I love free broken junk that I can make into something good. I stand by that and I'l NEVER change. I "lost" some "friends" partly due to my behavior and their unwillingness to accept my lifestyle. F them. It's why I don't have to worry about anything, and they continually don't have a pot to piss in. I'd highly recommend my style to anyone. Muslim, Jew, Catholic, Buddhist, Scientologist. Making "something from nothing" or almost nothing is extremely rewarding and gratifying.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #10
Back quite a few years ago when I started down the path I'm on in regards to belief, before I learned to basically keep it to myself, I had several arguments and near physical fights with people who didn't understand and refused to be open-minded enough to at least listen and learn a bit about what I believe in.
The fights nearly came about when some dumbass called me a devil worshiper. Without going into a dogmatic tangent of everything, I'm first and foremost NOT a devil worshiper, or anything along those lines.

Being called names doesn't really bother me...cracker, whitey, redneck, etc.
To some, I can totally understand why it would be offensive...but to me, I've accepted that a lot of people are simply disrespectful and just don't care about anyone other than themselves, so I simply ignore, avoid, or otherwise not put up with those folk.

Some people are sensitive to racial slurs, some aren't...it's best to not say 'em altogether, IMO, and I'm sure there would be no big loss if included religious slurs in that as well.

Anyway, this crazy tangent is all my fault...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #11
Devil worshipper......I thought that kinda talk ended in the 80's back when people were scared about playing Judas Priest records backwards because it would allegedly play satanic messages LOL

Reply #12
And it's been blown way out of proportion. Have we nothing better to do than get so upset about a saying that has been said for over a century? I mean, come on, we're all grown men (and women). Let's start acting like it.
Cornfed85

1985 Thunderbird - 3.8 V6, C5  :ford:  :birdsmily:

Reply #13
Quote from: ZondaC12;443283
Devil worshipper......I thought that kinda talk ended in the 80's back when people were scared about playing Judas Priest records backwards because it would allegedly play satanic messages LOL

No, that was Chicago, according to Little Nicky. :rollin:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #14
I knew what it meant, and it is used all the time around this part of the country.  Doesnt seem offensive, it has just become part of the normal conversation, when the situation applies.
Mike