Skip to main content
Topic: The Cats looking forlorn.... (Read 3402 times) previous topic - next topic

The Cats looking forlorn....

:(  Need to find the time........

Notice the 80 has an 83-84 TC cluster...working I might add... :crazy:  I was bored.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Re: The Cats looking forlorn....

Reply #1
Holy . I've never seen front seats like that before.

Nice machines. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
well I've never seen TC seats upolsterd like that...
funny that the snowflakes work for the looks on the 80's cat.

Reply #3
Those aren't TC seats ;)..they're Recaros (factory).  The "stripes" are old velour ribs.

I don't know about "nice", but at least they're fairly solid...and out of the weather.

Reply #4
Nice cars. Ya going to make the 80 Cat a 2.3 turbo car? I think that would be pretty cool.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #5
Cool!!!  I just love the 80-82 'birds and cats. :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #6
Cool, what a great pair!
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Reply #7
I'm still not certain what to do with the '80 yet.  The 84 is pretty set powertrain-wise though (at least in the planning stage).

Seeing as I'm an odd , I've contemplated a "period correct" 2.8 V6 for the '80...fuel-injected with some stuff from the UK, and controlled by a Mega Squirt, and maybe a single turbo.  That may change though.  Nothing fancy.  All I know is no 5.0, and probably not a 2.3T in it either (even though it's fairly light..about the same as the 83-86's..esp when I lose the auto)..  I already have 3 2.3T cars....

Anyway, here is another "current" pic of the 80 in hibernation....The plastic diaper under it is because the trans has a leak somewhere....

Reply #8
the pedals in the 80 look lonely, plenty of space for a clutch pedal

the 80-82 didnt have the same dash as the 83-84 did they? it looks different, but i dont know the early dashs well enough
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #9
The 80-82 dashes were different than the 83-84, but the cluster fit's in there nicely though, but I'd like to have some faces made up to match the silver one that was in there.  I've thought about using alot of that dead space above the dash there in that warning light area to put in some digital gauges..

Reply #10
Yar!  The dashes in the Cougars and Birds like Chuck's are exactly the same as the 1983-1986 Fox-chassis Ford LTD.  I've always kind of thought of those cars as a 2-door version of the LTD.

Reply #11
Chuck, isn't the 2.8, 2.9 and 4.0 all the same basic engine?? You could get fuelie stuff from one of the later engines... Since you like something different, maybe get a 4.0 from a Exploder or Ranger... even the Aerostars had em.. With the whizzer and just 6-8lb of boost it would run fairly strong...

Reply #12
darn, now I miss my old '80 T-bird!!  :disappoin  :bowdown:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #13
Chuck......... you are too cool.

Reply #14
Quote from: TurboCoupe50
Chuck, isn't the 2.8, 2.9 and 4.0 all the same basic engine?? You could get fuelie stuff from one of the later engines... Since you like something different, maybe get a 4.0 from a Exploder or Ranger... even the Aerostars had em.. With the whizzer and just 6-8lb of boost it would run fairly strong...

They're all "basically" the same, but there are some differences.  I'm not certain about all of them, but I know the 4.0 is a Cologne-derivative and more of a cousin to the other two.  I know I can get some "good" pistons for the 2.8/2.9, not sure about the 4.0 though.

I've got time to think about it as I really can't get into either car too much (at least restoration-wise) until I get a better spot to work on them.  That garage in that pic is just where I store them, and my 1-car here at the house is where my 83 TBird resides.  I may dig into the 4.0 stuff more and see what I come up with.  Also, it's going to get a manual conversion as well....so I'll have to be carefully creative on the console.  The interior is going to stay "orange" (Bittersweet) though, and I think I may have to keep the 1/2 vinyl top as well :giggle: