Skip to main content
Topic: TC 5.0 swapped, Hello A/C!!!!! (Read 6051 times) previous topic - next topic

TC 5.0 swapped, Hello A/C!!!!!

Reply #15
No IRCM means No fans WOT cutout and  AC clutch. And of course no Fuel pump!!! So clearly you bypassed does the car run, Sounds like you are carbed if it runs. Am i right?? If so you need the clutch enable lead from the dash and wire it in series with the CCOT switch.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #16
The car is evi and it runs, Tom you're telling me what I already know. What I'm trying to figure out is what wire I'm looking for.

Reply #17
Didn't realize you had EATC.
The wire you are looking for is the green/purple wire and comes from the "blower motor speed controller". The first connector it comes to is C232 located at the LH fender apr0n near the starter relay. I circled this connector in the diagram I posted earlier.
Not sure where the blower motor speed controller is located in your car. But it will be an electronic module with a heat sync and be in the HVAC air plenum.
I replaced this in my 01 Merc GM and it is mounted in a hole in the engine compartment side of the firewall.

Notice in the diagram, the key has to be in "RUN".

Reply #18
Ok pull the AC control panel and put a tone set on the LG/P with the connector removed from the switch than find iot with a probe in the engine compartment. It goes to the IRCM connector. Tomorrow i will get you the pin number so you can find it at the IRCM connector. I am assuming the IRCM is GONE!!.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

Reply #19
The ircm and the related wiring are long gone.  I'm picking up another TC on saturday I'll see if I can fi d what I need from it. There is not a green/purple wire coming out of the eatc unit, if that were the case it would of been a done deal. The wiring softouch is talking about should still be on the drivers side but I'm having a hard time remembering what connector it was in and I'm unsure where I put the TC headlight harness.

Reply #20
The connector C232 that the EVTM shows carrying the green/purple wire does also carry the headlights, front parking lights and fog lights wires.

Reply #21
This is where a tone set comes to play. Just hook it to WHATEVER the lead is or whatever the color and find it in the engine compartment bundle. Simple Done finished. A tone set is mandatory in my line of work. Many times i have found wires that were not where they were said to be. Good luck!!

Reply #22
The green/purple wire is in the headlight harness only in turbo coupes.
Anyhoo it starts at the blower motor speed controller. I believe I have found a picture of it in the EVTM. Maybe you can trace it from there.

Reply #24
The TC I'm picking up Saturday is an 87, wonder if there will be much difference in that part of the wiring.

Reply #25
The TC I'm picking up Saturday is an 87, wonder if there will be much difference in that part of the wiring.

Reply #26
Both have IRCM and are identical

Reply #29
Quote from: softtouch;438799
From the 88 EVTM:
C232 Gray 8 pin connector.
C344 Black 4 pin connecter

Let me try and remember how this all goes. The green/purple wire that comes out of the drivers side must be routed over to the low pressure switch then to the WOT relay that is part of the V8 harness. From there it goes to the AC clutch. Just rememeber you need the diod/resistor that goes between the clutch + and -.
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin: