Skip to main content
Topic: Cup Holders (Read 3021 times) previous topic - next topic

Cup Holders

Hi everyone,
Ya know, ford put some pretty high-tech stuff in our cars....like climate control and canceling high beams. But they didnt put in cup holders. Any of you guys put some in? Where? Pics appreciated.

Kyle
1986 Ford Thunderchicken, 5.0 AOD w/ Shift kit,  354,XXX miles. 1-Family owned. Original engine+trans.
8.8 Disc Rear w/ 3.73 Posi. CHE Control Arms. '04 Cobra brakes all around. 2000 Cobra R wheels. Tubular front LCA's. MM Steering Shaft. Unlocked Speedo, Lowering springs, Eibach sway bars front and rear. Ram air intake.

Cup Holders

Reply #1
I did. Just one, but that's all I could fit and have it look like it belongs, and, I'm usually the only one in my car anyway.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Cup Holders

Reply #2
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Cup Holders

Reply #3
hmmm, thats a new place for one. Ive seen people hang them on the door panels, under the "smoker" windows and Ive seen them attached to side of the big trapezoid area under the climate control units
1986 Ford Thunderchicken, 5.0 AOD w/ Shift kit,  354,XXX miles. 1-Family owned. Original engine+trans.
8.8 Disc Rear w/ 3.73 Posi. CHE Control Arms. '04 Cobra brakes all around. 2000 Cobra R wheels. Tubular front LCA's. MM Steering Shaft. Unlocked Speedo, Lowering springs, Eibach sway bars front and rear. Ram air intake.

Cup Holders

Reply #4
I like stuff to look like it belongs, not just added on.

Cup Holders

Reply #5
Get some of a taurus, they fit into the.cubbyhole up top of the radio.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Cup Holders

Reply #6
Quote from: Haystack;435368
Get some of a taurus, they fit into the.cubbyhole up top of the radio.

Do you have any pictures of this?
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout:

Cup Holders

Reply #7
I may have one in the garage. I was going to use it, but if you have any drink that isn't in a can, it's almost useless.

Cup Holders

Reply #8
Quote from: kylesburrell;435357
Hi everyone,
Ya know, ford put some pretty high-tech stuff in our cars....like climate control and canceling high beams. But they didnt put in cup holders. Any of you guys put some in? Where? Pics appreciated.

Kyle

It's an old car. I take the fact that it was designed without cup holders as a bonus. Then again my Thunderbird is not a daily driver.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Cup Holders

Reply #9
[thread]31743[/thread]

If you've got the heart for it lol
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Cup Holders

Reply #10
This was just a temporary thing .......3yrs ago.  LOL  (you can see the remote in it)
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

Cup Holders

Reply #11
hmmmm, i hadnt thought of that! Now Can you keep the ashtray door? That way when you need a cup holder you can open it, but when you dont need it, just keep the lid shut.

But my car is column shift. So I was thinking of putting 2 cup holders in front of the climate control unit.

Cup Holders

Reply #12
If you have the consolette, just mount a dual cup holder to the front.....no, it won't work unless you cut the hole bigger for the ashtray area, and even then, a can is as big as you'll probably be able to fit. I never use a can, always a cup with a lid.

Cup Holders

Reply #13
Get the 99 cent cup holders that clip to the door if your going on a road trip. otherwise, buy a 20oz or one liter, twist the lid on and don't worry about keeping your cup upright by drilling holes or permently mounting it somewhere.

i have a car with cup holders, and they are always so full of  that i can't fit a cup there.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Cup Holders

Reply #14
Quote from: Haystack;435447
i have a car with cup holders, and they are always so full of  that i can't fit a cup there.

Haha this is so true
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout: