Skip to main content
Topic: Marti Report (Read 14675 times) previous topic - next topic

Marti Report

I spoke with the people at Marti Auto Works and the report for the Fox body Thunderbirds/Cougars is now available. I'm going to try ordering one for my car tonight. I let you know if it works :D.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Marti Report

Reply #2
Id like to see.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Marti Report

Reply #3
Quote from: EricCoolCats;435012
I'll believe that when it's in your hands!

Well I was able to order one. I'll let everyone know when it comes in. I ordered the deluxe report which should be sent in 10-14 days.

In case anyone is wondering what a Marti Report is: http://www.martiauto.com/index.cfm
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Marti Report

Reply #4
I checked the site right after I posted before, and it appears they got our cars listed. There is no 3.8L V6 option in the engine dropdown, though. But giving the VIN for the report should solve that issue for now. Did you also do the PDF option?

Marti Report

Reply #5
Ooooooooohhh!!!!!!!!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Marti Report

Reply #6
Quote from: EricCoolCats;435021
I checked the site right after I posted before, and it appears they got our cars listed. There is no 3.8L V6 option in the engine dropdown, though. But giving the VIN for the report should solve that issue for now. Did you also do the PDF option?

Yep I got the PDF option. They have the 302 listed but not the 3.8 or 2.3T. I'm pretty sure the "other engine" option + the VIN will work though.

Marti Report

Reply #7
I've been waiting with bated breath for them to be available and began to wonder if it would ever really happen.
Just hoping that they turn out to be just as detailed as his traditional reports are with the breakdowns of all the options.

Looking forward to seeing what yours reveals.

Edit - Well looking at his site, it appears that the Elite report that gets you a detailed breakdown of the options isn't available for our cars yet. Currently only limited to the Deluxe report.
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Marti Report

Reply #8
Well at this point the deluxe version is better than nothing :hick:.

They took my money (came out of my checking account this morning) so I assume I should get a report in 10-14 days.

Also the window stickers are not yet available. That's basically the only thing I'm missing paperwork wise. I would buy one if they would print it.

Marti Report

Reply #9
Ordered my 83 Bird and 87 XR-7 reports

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Marti Report

Reply #10
Quote from: MY83T;435051
Ordered my 83 Bird and 87 XR-7 reports

Let us know when it comes in. I'm still waiting on mine, obviously.

Marti Report

Reply #11
Well this showed up today. Apparently my car is rare as there were only 106 made with my paint/trim code. Also the car was purchased by my dad's cousin From Magic Ford in Valencia, California. Must have been a dealer trade.

Marti Report

Reply #12
That's pretty cool.

one of these days I'm gonna do that and a car fax on my 86. It was a hertz car. found a small bag with hertz paper work with vin and model information from 1987 in the spare tire area.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Marti Report

Reply #14
You know according to this report there were only 13081 Thunderbirds with my cars engine/transmission code. Does that mean there were only 13081 5.0 V8 Thunderbirds made in 88? After all the 5.0 only came with the AOD so all 5.0 AOD cars would have the same engine/transmission code.