Skip to main content
Topic: well....I went and did it.... (Read 3615 times) previous topic - next topic

well....I went and did it....

I was trying to decide what cam would be best for the aluminum heads, and was going to go with a Comp XE cam, then decided to go with ed Curtis. He sent me a loooong list of things he needed to know. Tire size, gears, intake, heads, valve spring details, valve sizes, chamber size, car weight and on and on. I answered it all, and the cam is being made for the Sport. Not sure when I'll have time to get it all together, but hopefully soon. Now you know....the REST of the story..........
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
see, you make this little small round marble of snow, put it on top of the hill and nudge it down...........................so it has begun...

good choice!!

Reply #2
Yes, I'm waiting to see how big of a ball it turns in to. The good thing...Once this cam is installed, I'm done. The cam will be made to match the details he was given, so, I don't want to mess it up by changing things. I can change the upper intake (lower will be ported by TMoss), air intake, and valve covers. That's enough to keep me busy. LOL. Now to find an extra lower intake.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
There is a 96 explorer I'm going to go after the gt40's in next weekend. it should be an internal egr model. i akso have a 97 upper/lower with the egr hole here as well.

in trying to keep mine emissions.freindly in the tbird, and gt40 p's won't pass because of a lack of airtubes.

so between the heads or new cats, id prefer heads.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #4
If I don't find one by then, I'll have you grab it for me if the price is fair enough. I need an extra so I can send it off and still drive my car.

Reply #5
Vinnie, welcome to the next level of car crafting.

Reply #6
Good choice

Reply #7
i'm ready to get this thing together and then just enjoy it. I still have a list of things to do, but I'm getting them knocked out slowly but surely.

Reply #8
Way to go, don't you have that intake I sent you a while ago?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #9
It got a big crack in it where the water pipes screw in. Looking for one I don't have to repair or that has been repaired.

Reply #10
Quote from: 86T-bird;432866
Vinnie, welcome to the next level of car crafting.

;)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #11
Nice. Sounds fun. One of these days I'd like to get a custom cam for mine. I know that a better cam could probably gain me 20hp or so. It's just that, well, I'm lazy lol. Taking all the front accessories off and pulling the radiator to swap the cam sounds not fun. I should have done it two years ago when I had the engine apart for the head swap. Just like I should have had the GT40 lower ported at the same time. You're doing it the right/smart way. Kudos :)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #12
Quote from: vinnietbird;432881
It got a big crack in it where the water pipes screw in. Looking for one I don't have to repair or that has been repaired.

Man your hard on shiznit!!, By the way how did you wear your unerversal joints out so soon?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #13
Quote from: vinnietbird;432861
The good thing...Once this cam is installed, I'm done.

New cam or not, I swear we've heard that before. I await the day you announce that you're going stroker.

Better yet, you know you want a turbo Coyote.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #14
Hey Bubba, Once and done. Find a beater, Enjoy it slowly.HEHE.