Skip to main content
Topic: well....I went and did it.... (Read 3614 times) previous topic - next topic

well....I went and did it....

Reply #15
Quote from: Seek;432916
New cam or not, I swear we've heard that before. I await the day you announce that you're going stroker.

Better yet, you know you want a TWIN turbo Coyote.
hehehehe all fixed

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #16
Quote from: 1BadBird;432924
hehehehe all fixed

Well of course. No reason to go single turbo on a V8.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #17
Quote from: Kitz Kat;432908
Man your hard on shiznit!!, By the way how did you wear your unerversal joints out so soon?

I didn't. I pulled the driveshaft and they were fine. I think the clutch is "loose". Not adjusted quite right. I don't really care, I'm eventually going to get my other transmission in that's been sitting for 6 months.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #18
Once all of the work is done, engine work, swap the trans, tint the windows, swap the carpet and have the seats done, I'm doing what Kitz said. Getting another mobile and using it all the time and the Sport will be for weekend duty.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #19
What about a supercharger?

Did you have a 351w awhile back?
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #20
I have 9 days off coming up in the middle of May and will have the new transmission, new clutch and new flywheel in. Can't say I'll have the rest done, depends on time, weather, and "life". Either way, I have what I need, or at least have it in route. The Sport is really starting to take shape. Should've done all this before paint, but that ship has sailed, so, I'll just be wicked careful and cover the paint really good. At least the heads are a lot easier, and lighter to handle.

Reply #21
Quote from: vinnietbird;432939
Should've done all this before paint, but that ship has sailed, so, I'll just be wicked careful and cover the paint really good. At least the heads are a lot easier, and lighter to handle.

Just cover the fenders with a bunch of towels. That's what I did :hick:.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #22
Three cheap/Harbor Freight moving blankets would provide good padding protection also.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #23
Blankets or towels. I can do that. Thanks guys. I may go buy a few soft towels at Wal Mart and dedicate them for fender covers. I am hoping to go to Harbor Freight next week. if so, I'll look for the blankets.

Reply #24
Quote from: vinnietbird;432976
Blankets or towels. I can do that. Thanks guys. I may go buy a few soft towels at Wal Mart and dedicate them for fender covers. I am hoping to go to Harbor Freight next week. if so, I'll look for the blankets.

If you use towels use two on top of each other and make sure they are large enough to drape most of the way down the fender. You want them to cover past your belt buckle or any rivets in your jeans. Those are the things that scratch the fender.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #25
Agreed. I will make sure there's some serious padding (soft) for the fenders to be protected. Dont want any gouges in the old Bird.

Reply #26
Vinnie, Pull the motor put it on stand. It would be a lot easier. You got it down, 9 days.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #27
I'll pull the header panel and no worries. It's not too hard to protect the paint. I've done it a couple of times before. LOL.

Reply #28
How is the new cam?

Reply #29
It's awesome.......sitting on the shelf in the box. LOL. Have had no time to install it and the heads yet, still gathering pieces I need. Just ordered the timing chain this morning. Still need plug wires, plugs, intake gaskets, and gaskets for the timing cover and water pump....and of course fluids. Funds have been SUPER tight.  I take no money from the paycheck, so, it's been a waiting game. Gonna fab up a couple of GT-40 intake plates and get them sold, then I'll have funds for the wires and plugs and a payment sent on my heads.