X
X

Purchased Newer Truck

Reply #1
Good trucks but be aware of the 100k tune up....those plugs are a PITA

Travis

Purchased Newer Truck

Reply #2
Good looking truck Id love one but there all rotted half to death up here.
Enjoy, and tune ups not that bad just take your time and do some homework.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Purchased Newer Truck

Reply #3
I have a 2000 f150 4.6 that has been my daily driver, I have had the plugs pop out on it, real (pita).

Purchased Newer Truck

Reply #4
Sweet truck!! Enjoy :-)

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Purchased Newer Truck

Reply #5
Nice!!

Purchased Newer Truck

Reply #6
Id get rid of the lift and throw stock tires back on.

I had a 2004ish 5.4 work truck had 300+k miles on it and got 17mpg towing a light trailer and about 10mpg towing a 16,000lb mini excavator behind it. good trucks if you treat them right.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Purchased Newer Truck

Reply #7
Quote from: 83TB;429258
I have a 2000 f150 4.6 that has been my daily driver, I have had the plugs pop out on it, real (pita).

Yeah, the older mod engines couldn't keep plugs in. Ford fixed that issue by making it so you couldn't get the plugs out
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Purchased Newer Truck

Reply #8
Nice truck!
Very close to my 05. My truck has been very good and tows well but I would lower mine instead of lifting it. I only use 4x4 for snow, not really into the off road stuff myself. Here is a pic of mine (not trying to hijack, just comparing) towing a boat last summer in the Rocky mountains. Seeing as I have been a Ford guy most of my life, it took me a year how to figure out how to turn on the driving lights! Enjoy it, they are really good trucks...

"][/URL]
1985 Turbo Coupe
1988 Thunderbird Sport
1996 F150

Purchased Newer Truck

Reply #9
I was looking at stock height trucks, but my wife is the one that actually talked me into getting another lifted truck, she says its just not me to have a stock vehicle, lol.  She said you better get what you want, she did not want to hear 6 months down the road that I want wheels and tires or lifts or whatever, lol.  So I found one, my 2000 f150, is 2wd with 6in lift and 315/75/16 on it.

Purchased Newer Truck

Reply #10
Nice truck!  And ignore all this talk of removing the lift.  Its a 4x4 truck, its supposed to set up high! Pansies...lol.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Purchased Newer Truck

Reply #11
That lift is fine.  It's nowhere near Bro-Truck status.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Purchased Newer Truck

Reply #12
Quote from: V8Demon;430083
That lift is fine.  It's nowhere near Bro-Truck status.

Needs to go higher!X
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Purchased Newer Truck

Reply #14
I have an 05 F150 4x4 with 5.4 and 220k miles, so I can tell you all the things to watch for. The plug change thing is correct. The sooner you get rid of the motorcraft plugs the better, and replace them with the Champion. Put some of the Seafoam treatment in the tank and run it for about 2 weeks. That will loosen the carbon buildup on the plugs that makes them get stuck and want to brake because of their design. The Champion design eliminates that possibility. I was not aware of the problem until my truck had 90K on it, and my mechanic, fully aware of the proceedures and equipped with the proper tools, broke one of in the head. Had to pull the motor to get the head off to get the plug out. $2500 later?  The next thing is to always use the motorcraft 5w20 synthetic blend oil and the Motorcraft oil filter. This is necessary to protect the variable cam timing apparatus. These motors oiling system is very sensitive and it needs the proper oil to keep this system working correctly. Very small oiling holes in the system can easily become clogged and damage the system. Mine made it to 180k and one of the tensioners broke and a solenoid went bad. Since you have to pull the front cover off to get these, I had the mechanic go ahead and replace both sides. If it goes bad, you will hear a lot of rattling at startup that gets progressively worse. There is a ton of info on the web about both issues.  Man, I got this one and a 2006 6.0 diesel. Don't even get me started about the EGR Cooler!  Oy Vey!!!